Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TNT 2: Devilution - Looking for a replacement TITLEPIC artist!

KiiiYiiiKiiiA said:

So I did all of the skies, a lot of work on the textures and flats, and massive work on at least half a dozen maps and I don't even rate a mention as a past developer? wtf?

Seriously though, Alter, I wish you all the best with this project. You have some quality people helping and I actually think you are the right dude to see this thing through. So get it done already. :)

I'm sorry for forgetting you on the past developers list, it wasn't intentional, I'm just dealing withmany things at once (but somehow balancing them), that does result in some short memory issues.

As for TNT2 getting done, it WILL be done, but not the moment it's finished, but the moment it's ready to be released and for that, there's lots of work but with everyone from active dev team being active and in constant contact with each other, it's much easier.

Also get Revilution done.

Meanwhile there's few announcements coming sometime regarding TNT2, there's lots of going on and once there's enough of that done, I will announce it

With the collab I'm doing with Christian... Kyka did add a really interesting secret that I elaborated a bit on... if it's okay with Kyka I'd really like to keep that part of the map, and credit it as a 3 way collab.

I got slightly annoyed at Kyka's lack of mention, but then I realised it was a copy and paste list that had yet to be fully revised. It's probably best for you two to work together near release and find what areas he should be properly credited on (Thanks Kyka for not getting angry, lol)

I feel a bit awkward and unwelcome posting in this thread because of the Devilution/Revilution history, but since Kyka already has, it's okay I guess. I'd like to admit that I'm actually pretty glad your take over this project, alter, and that your the only one I'd have liked to see take charge. I also don't hold any ill will toward you if you believed that :)

I just ask that Megamur and I get a mention on the credits text as past testers, and Kyka credited for the years of work he put into this before our split. We are planning a really cool thing with our credits that fully credits all the Devilution mappers that worked on our maps :p

While the personnel section is being discussed, thought I'd ask: Who is Forty-Three? I've been thinking it was stewboy, but he used to go by forty-two..

Ragnor said:

I got slightly annoyed at Kyka's lack of mention, but then I realised it was a copy and paste list that had yet to be fully revised. It's probably best for you two to work together near release and find what areas he should be properly credited on (Thanks Kyka for not getting angry, lol)

I feel a bit awkward and unwelcome posting in this thread because of the Devilution/Revilution history, but since Kyka already has, it's okay I guess. I'd like to admit that I'm actually pretty glad your take over this project, alter, and that your the only one I'd have liked to see take charge. I also don't hold any ill will toward you if you believed that :)

I just ask that Megamur and I get a mention on the credits text as past testers, and Kyka credited for the years of work he put into this before our split. We are planning a really cool thing with our credits that fully credits all the Devilution mappers that worked on our maps :p

And done, you two (as in you and megamur) are listed in past developers as testers now.

And yeeeah it was just a copy and paste and we are in process of actually giving credit to anyone who worked on it before, although I have no guarantee that will be finalised quickly because of how TNT2 is extensive.

As for the split, it happened, words were thrown around but i'm not focusing on the past and i'm focusing on what is now to do instead. For reference, I don't hold grudges against anyone because of the split, I long got over it since the split. Anyway, more screenshots coming sometime soon.

Is the project still active?

Also, what happened to that hell map I gave someone else to work on? Was it ever finished?

Just an update to show we're still alive. Progress has been entirely internal so far but it's happening.

Shots from a new map26, Kuiper Cliff

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

A few from my previous map
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Two new shots from Map29 that just got finished. With little help from others in the team to fix some glaring issues :P

Spoiler

Spoiler

WEEOO WEEOO now hear this

We're currently looking for *one* more map from someone who does not currently have one in the WAD. Being a sequel to TNT, the more author representation we can get the better. If you're interested, let us know here and maybe we can get you on board.

We'd prefer to have a map that feels like something the Casalis (from Plutonia) could have done, but brought up to modern visual standards. It doesn't have to be a map of the sort, but we really should have more of these.

Remakes or substantial homages to existing TNT maps are right out though. If you'd like to do a more visually basic map, someone on the team(or off!) could cover moderinizing the visuals for you. Anyone who is interested in doing visual polish should ask for the texture WAD first, of course.

Marcaek said:

We'd prefer to have a map that feels like something the Casalis (from Plutonia) could have done, but brought up to modern visual standards. It doesn't have to be a map of the sort, but we really should have more of these.

Hmm, I could have a go at this, if you want. Final Doom TWID isn't getting done any time soon, so might as well, heh.

AD_79 said:

Hmm, I could have a go at this, if you want. Final Doom TWID isn't getting done any time soon, so might as well, heh.

Yeah go ahead, i'll give you some extra info you'll need, welcome aboard!

sincity2100 said:

Is the project still going

Patience, the project will be finished when it does. I'm psyched for this too, but the wait will definitely be worth it. By the time this megawad is released, I'm sure it's likely to be a candidate for a Mordeth award.

Superluigieth1 said:

Wow, development for this is slow.

Deal with it :^)

I think between the fact that literally everyone still part of the team is working on other projects at the same time might have something to do with that.

Internal development has been moving at a steady pace since the split regardless.

Some lovely screenshots here.. damn.... I have such a tiny bit left to do, but I spread myself really thin in terms of projects. I haven't even had time to download and play Valiant yet.

Hello! TNT2 is currently looking for a new font for map names and such. It only makes sense that with all of the other graphical changes we have a new look for text to round it out. Anyone who's interested post here, PM myself or Alter, or consider joining #tnt2 on irc.oftc.net/6667.

Here's the TITLEPIC/INTERPIC combo:

Thinking on it, we're also missing an M_DOOM as well (well, we have one but it's kinda "nah")., if one is willing to take a stab at it.

Super-thanks for the potential crafting!