Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
geo

There goes Honey Boo Boo

Honey Boo Boo is a trailer trash show on TLC that features some beauty pageant fat little girl and her 3 sisters and their big fat Mama June. Originally Mama June had been with Honey Boo Boo's daddy Sugar Bear, but after their spit, Mama June been dating some guy that just got out of a 10 year prison stint for forcing an 8 year old relative to give him oral.

So TLC is canceling the show. Rightfully so. Who wants to support a child rapist living in a family of 4 daughters and 1 grand daughter?

http://www.npr.org/2014/10/24/358567472/tlcs-honey-boo-boo-cancellation-shows-dangers-of-exploitative-tv

At some point it was revealed this white trash family made $50,000 per episode. Yet they're still forced to live in a house right next to railroad tracks.

edit:

Well TMZ is saying the relative that the guy raped was Mama June's own daughter back when she was 8. I assume it was the oldest daughter.

geo said:

Honey Boo Boo is a trailer trash show on TLC that features some beauty pageant fat little girl and her 3 sisters and their big fat Mama June. Originally Mama June had been with Honey Boo Boo's daddy Sugar Bear, but after their spit, Mama June been dating some guy that just got out of a 10 year prison stint for forcing an 8 year old relative to give him oral.

I can't get over how fucking stupid these names are.

TheCupboard said:

geo you should seriously reevaluate the kind of trash you watch on television.

Just because I read news doesn't mean that I watch it. Has anyone been to Ferguson, Missouri or been to North Carolina?

BaronOfStuff said:

I can't get over how fucking stupid these names are.

heh, makes me want to play Redneck Rampage again.

I once saw a SouthPark episode with Honey Boo Boo in it (is that seriously that kid's real name?). So all I know is that she eats sgetty and butter.

Sometimes I watch garbage. Absolutely, objectively bad programming. Not often, of course; just enough to get a taste, and then (hopefully) never return. I watched a full episode of "Here Comes Honey Booboo" and actually became nauseated. It's the sort of thing "Idiocracy" was lampooning a decade ago, and it's so absurd on its own that parodying it would actually be a challenge. I'm not going to soapbox the rest of the day and talk about how it's a sign of social decay, but it is interesting to me how there was no way a show this bad would have aired say, in the '90s or earlier. It's a modern day freak show, for sure.

I'm kind of surprised they did. Airing a show about a near-criminally stupid woman and her child-rapist boyfriend living in a trailer with a handful of young kids seems like it'd be right up TLC's alley. At least they still have some sense in their heads. Or, at the very least, lawyers who don't want to deal with that clusterfuck.

geo said:

At some point it was revealed this white trash family made $50,000 per episode. Yet they're still forced to live in a house right next to railroad tracks.

I've always said that TLC should hire an accountant for them so that they don't squander their small fortune on shit while they monkey around on television for our entertainment. Now that they went full retard, it's probably good that they cut them off altogether.

Heard a lot about Honey Boo Boo, never watched, never intended, and I prefer it that way. Rather spend my hours watching German detective stories, thank you.

Coopersville said:

I've always said that TLC should hire an accountant for them so that they don't squander their small fortune on shit while they monkey around on television for our entertainment. Now that they went full retard, it's probably good that they cut them off altogether.

People watch reality shows that have accents. No accent its not funny and no one watches. After season 3 any TV show falls apart.

Jaxxoon R said:

I once saw a SouthPark episode with Honey Boo Boo in it (is that seriously that kid's real name?). So all I know is that she eats sgetty and butter.

They're nicknames.

Unfortunately, the cancellation comes following a horrifying moment: Gossip site TMZ reported Thursday that June "Mama June" Shannon, the mother of child beauty pageant contestant Alana "Honey Boo Boo" Thompson, has resumed dating an old boyfriend who was convicted of molesting an 8-year-old related to Shannon.

Before this thread, I had never heard of that show, I only saw its title once used as a punchline in a joke somewhere but thought it was something made up for the joke.

geo said:
Mama June been dating some guy that just got out of a 10 year prison stint for forcing an 8 year old relative to give him oral.

Unfortunately, the cancellation comes following a horrifying moment: Gossip site TMZ reported Thursday that June "Mama June" Shannon, the mother of child beauty pageant contestant Alana "Honey Boo Boo" Thompson, has resumed dating an old boyfriend who was convicted of molesting an 8-year-old related to Shannon.

Wait, so if he molested a relative that was related to Shannon(From which I read is the the family's last name) does that mean that the mother is dating a relative?(Which wouldn't be too surprising from rednecks.)

Good, one less piece of crap television series on air we can go without. Why the hell would something called THE LEARNING CHANNEL air garbage like this in the first place? Oh right, reality TV is cheap to produce and because money.

If you saw what else The "Learning" Channels airs and produces, you wouldn't be so surprised. If it's sick, disgusting, abnormal and in poor taste, chances are it will find its way on TLC.

geo said:

Living by the tracks is probably in their contract, though $50k x 52 episodes is nice money if you can get it and I assume they live elsewhere in-between seasons when they're not being filmed.

GoatLord said:

They're clearly not retarded. Just really, really dumb, which is often a selling point for reality shows.

Yeah unfortunately. Stupidity sells pretty well in the U.S

Was this something like the moonshiners and hillbilly handfishing shows on 'discovery' channel or something ?
By the way it reads in this forum and how south-park protrayed it, it must have been one giant piece of garbage...

GreyGhost said:

Living by the tracks is probably in their contract, though $50k x 52 episodes is nice money if you can get it and I assume they live elsewhere in-between seasons when they're not being filmed.

Yeah like the cast of the Jersey Shore is from NY state between seasons and spin offs. Those that are poor live in Jersey, those that are rich live in NY, those that are filthy rich live in CT.

The show literally had no context. The fact that they did anything in their daily lives was quite obviously egged on by the producers of their show. Their attitudes and their body language demonstrated that they really hated doing anything other than laying around on the couch, eating, and smelling bad, despite their snippets of solo interviews said otherwise. It's really nauseating to watch. My wife watched a few episodes in a row to make fun of it but those people are so pitiful I really can't bring myself to target them with any offensive remarks. They're just so low that they're beyond any comprehensible embarrassment. How "Sugar Bear" was able to put up with them for any duration of time is anyones guess. He was treated like shit. No surprise Mama June is digging her own grave with a child molester.