Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ed

Doom on Korg Volca Keys / Beats

Doom E2M2 played on a Korg Volca Beats / Korg Volca Keys analog synthesizer instruments. I didn't add any effects to the mix other than the on board delay on the Keys unit.

Thanks. I might record a few more Doom songs, maybe some Wolf / Duke 3d. It's a lot of fun figuring out how to emulate the timbres of the source track.

As far as the Volca Keys goes, it's one of my favorite instruments I've ever owned. That includes some sought after 1980s analog Poly synths. This track, including the drums, was made entirely with the Keys unit. No additional effects added except for some external stereo delay on the intro swells.

$150 - for a polyphonic analog rig with filters taken straight from the Minikorg 700s, the synth that was the essential workhorse for the late 70s / early 80s British electronic scene.

Here's another track for good measure -

I think that video actually shows some it's weaknesses. It's low end is firm enough, but I can't get that milky Moog tone that fleshes out the mid-low frequencies.

joe-ilya said:

I think you should keep at doom's themes, the couple you posted now sound slow and too screechy.

i think that's the point, at least the ambient track. sounds pretty good to me.

joe-ilya said:

That's the thing! And funky too.

Do you make these yourself or do you put the MIDI in there or something?

Pftha..sorry I couldn't help snigger.

Keep up the good work Ed! Love the slower stuff, if I had the patience I would love to work with some actual hardware but alas...motivation