Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dew

LucasArts classics sold on GOG now!

Finally! Disney is apparently more reasonable to do business with than old man Lucas. Four classic era games and KotOR made available so far, some of the oldies are sold digitally for the first time. Prices are 6 or 10 bucks each.

Eat your heart out, 3D Realms.

They are probably preparing themselves for the possible aftermath of the new movie by
doing buisiness in a fan centered way, they are adressing a very tough audience. XD

I wish they would also get their hands on the PC version of Shadows of the Empire, I've found that it works after downloading a specialized 32 bit setup file which replaces the original 16 bit setup file, they would have to find some way of getting the music to work without the CD though.

Dang, I really think I should at least pick up X-Wing and Tie Fighter, and maybe Sam & Max, but part of me is hesitant to buy any of them until there's a sale (and they will inevitably be on sale at some point). Either way though, it's super cool just to know they're even there. Of course also, if I want to play X-Wing or Tie Fighter properly, I should probably also invest in a joystick, as I recall back in the day when I actually owned X-Wing, the controls make it very difficult to fly with anything but a joystick.

geekmarine said:

Of course also, if I want to play X-Wing or Tie Fighter properly, I should probably also invest in a joystick, as I recall back in the day when I actually owned X-Wing, the controls make it very difficult to fly with anything but a joystick.

Heh, get a cheap disposable one. I destroyed a few playing X-W vs. TF back then, because you dodge those Tie Advanced missiles more if you yank the stick violently with all your strength... right?

Ahhhh, yeah. Hope Day of the Tentacle shows up soon. Plus any re-release of Fate of Atlantis is a excuse to listen to this again.

Grim Fandango is being remade/remastered by Double Fine for PS and PC as we speak, so I wouldn't expect to see it show up until that's complete.

If they get DOTT on here, I hope they'll do what ScummVM never bothered to do and put back in the ability to play Maniac Mansion from inside DOTT.

It's a shame the next two Rogue Squadron games will never see PC releases since they were console only and that the series developer Factor 5 shutdown, kind of doubt the first game will ever make it because of this.

Sounds like it's TIE time again.

Should finally try Sam and Max too, seeing that my only interaction with the franchise so far is the Max easter egg form Dark Forces II.

Ugh, too bad I already got the original releases of such games, but I haven't yet got Star Fighter so I guess I could get that sometime.

Rogue Squadron 3D, Galactic Battlegrounds, and quite surprisingly Rebellion have also been added, including some Xwing/Tie games. Now we need Episode I Racer with some modern day computer support. I also wonder if they'll add FOrce Commander, though I know it was pretty poorly received. But again, Rebellion was added to the library.

Just bought Dark Forces II (Again. I have two physical copies and now this digital one). I wonder if the Multiplayer has been fixed in anyways, since it was somewhat buggy originally (And fixed somewhat in the expansion pack). However, Windows 8 seems to disallow the Hardware Accelerated options and super-sized screen resolutions, which is a crying shame.

Should ask Quake night to move over for Dark Forces night.

Once I have money X-Wing Alliance is mine. Most overlooked of the flight sim games and wrongfully so. If they just fixed that godawful Death Star run...

Snakes said:

If they just fixed that godawful Death Star run...

Thissssssss. After a sexy XW game with a strong plot... I get godawful fan service sprayed into my eyes, reducing muh precious space flight sim to a stupid arcade centered about memorizing patterns like it was some handheld pleb game? I've never finished that shit, my heart was bleeding too much.

It's still an awesome game though.

Humble Bundle is celebrating Lucas games on GOG by having a $12 sale for at least 9 games with more to be unlocked.

I continue to stick with my new years resolution not to spend money on games. Have fun rest of the world.

Why haven't they added Outlaws yet?

I wish Disney would also allow the source code releases for some of those games, at least the ones that matter like Dark Forces and Outlaws for example.

Avoozl said:

Why haven't they added Outlaws yet?

I wish Disney would also allow the source code releases for some of those games, at least the ones that matter like Dark Forces and Outlaws for example.

Outlaws is on there; it just isn't an adventure game, so it's not discounted.

Clonehunter said:

Now we need Episode I Racer with some modern day computer support.

Yes, I'd like to see that. One of the few racing games that I have enjoyed.

[and a GOG release of Strife dammit!]

It's a new lap record!

A lot of that era of game needs to be added. I'm pretty sure Shadows of the Empire isn't on GoG either, and Indy and the Infernal Machine would be a killer addition. We can probably pass on the Phantom Menace video game, though, as it was fairly lame. But it would complete the collection.