Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
geo

Gentlemen and Spacemarines, brace yourselves for No Shave November

It is that time of the year again to grow out your he man grizzle beards if you don't already have one. Not shaving raises prostate cancer awareness and reminds men to check for prostate cancer.

Is anyone up for it this year?

If there are any female space marines out there, you don't have to shave your legs. You know, support the cause!

My beard doesn't grow well enough to make me look handsome. Not that it needs to either.

So if I understand this correctly, the corporations producing shaving tools are evil and inflict prostate cancer on men, so we're fighting them with a month long consumer boycott, which is just about enough to wipe out their cancer budgets for the upcoming year.

There might be a simpler, more rational explanation for this event, but I couldn't come up with one.

edit: Boo, the OP has been edited to add an explanation of how this viral hysteria supposedly works. I think mine is still more rational and contains less plot holes.

So it's just like any other month for me then. Fucking stupid 'raise awareness' dogshit that doesn't actually do anything, just fucking donate for Christ's sake.

geo said:

Not shaving raises prostate cancer awareness and reminds men to check for prostate cancer.

Yes, this is true. I used to live in Golders Green and saw this concept in action. Every time anyone saw a Hasidic jew, they immediately started prodding at their testicles and asking passers-by to stick their thumb up their anus.

Do we also have to wear white robes? Guys in my neighborhood are getting pretty hardcore against prostate cancer, they do this stuff all year long.

I think it's better to just give money directly to research so they continue to have maximal incentive to not find a cure.

If I go more than 4 days without shaving I look like a bum and my entire face itches like a hive of bees is swarming over it. No thanks :V

If we start growing a bear now, the terrorists win half the battle.

AndrewB said:

I think it's better to just give money directly to research so they continue to have maximal incentive to not find a cure.

Merchandising is where it's at, bro.

Quasar said:

If I go more than 4 days without shaving I look like a bum and my entire face itches like a hive of bees is swarming over it. No thanks :V

Lol. What happened to your previous avatar. It looked like Ganandorf kinda.

geo said:

Not shaving raises prostate cancer awareness and reminds men to check for prostate cancer.

Is this prostate cancer true?

I'm not a fast grower. It's thick and wirey, but takes me a two months to get two inch layer. It gets itchy and it hurts like hell when I accidentally pull hairs (sleeping, changing clothes, drying with towel, zipper on jacket, etc). I actually have let it grow during winter, because I feel naked and colder without it. I've never heard of a November thing...

geo said:

If there are any female space marines out there, you don't have to shave your legs. You know, support the cause!

Don't listen to this guy!

I think ideally, what you'd do is get friends and family to donate $x to cancer research for every inch of beard grown, or something like that. I hate how the Internet has made all these various "awareness" activities popular while seemingly completely forgetting that ultimately "awareness" does no good if you don't actually raise any money to support the cause you're raising "awareness" for. It's like how people seem to think making everything pink will magically make breast cancer go away - no one ever actually contributes anything tangible, just "Oh well I've got this pink ribbon, that'll fix everything!" Or the infamous ice bucket challenge - how everyone seemed to completely miss the point that you were supposed to donate money, not just make a youtube video to boost your Internet fame. Actually, in that respect, Patrick Stewart handled that like a boss - got his ice bucket, acted like he was going to dump it on himself, then just wrote out a check for ALS research, while using the ice to make himself a drink.

AndrewB said:

Maybe that's why the people at Open Bazaar are always recommending people use 'tip4commit'. Open Bazaar is a free market ion cannon aimed at the foreheads of the colluding sociopathic white collar criminal CEOs, like John Donahoe who is most likely, based on observed evidence and behavior, a satanic genocidal nazi, and their fascist tyrannical non-level playing fields of artificial economic shut down.

Theres an image I saw yesterday with an elderly woman or something feeding a starving child, and a crowd of "first world" people surrounding the two holding their thumbs up to indicate that they like the fact that someone else is doing something about it.

40oz said:

Theres an image I saw yesterday with an elderly woman or something feeding a starving child, and a crowd of "first world" people surrounding the two holding their thumbs up to indicate that they like the fact that someone else is doing something about it.

Yeah we can talk about things or do them. Start personally researching prostate cancer and going about ways to fix it in general that doesn't involve radiation. Perhaps preventative measures to keep cells healthy from wandering into a prostate or anywhere else and trying to create an ear in your prostate.

GreyGhost said:

Down here we have a similar event, though I prefer to donate and continue shaving.

That's what we have here too. Ironically, the moustache is the only facial hair I'm bothering to remove at the moment.

I always get my face shaved whenever I go to get my mullet shaped up at Super Cuts. Not kidding, I'm proud to wear a mullet.

One day, it will be as rockin as this one.

In other news, December is "stub your toe and wear sandals" month to raise awareness for frostbite.

I really really dislike shaving, I mean standing in front of a mirror and putting a sharp object against my face... Yeah, I think I can find a better way to spend my time. Today I shaved for the first time in 6 weeks or so because I passed all exams with pretty good results and was happy enough that I didn't care I guess. People give me weird looks sometimes in the subway and stuff, maybe they think I look funny with a small beard or maybe it's just my imagination. As a socially awkward person, I tend to overthink every look I get ("oh my god he's probably thinking what a total loser I am and laughing at my looks").

Maybe I should read about shaving other parts of the body, I mean I don't think I'll ever get a girlfriend but what if I do and then she'll find out that I have a hairy ass or something and dump me? I don't know what are the standards here and what people expect.

Ha ha suckers I use an electric shaver and don't have to worry about your stupid blades and giving a sane amounts of damns about my face and your The Sound of Thunder Butterfly prostate-prevention tactics.

Robot uprising beep boop bitch brap braorp bop

Holering said (to Quasar):

Lol. What happened to your previous avatar. It looked like Ganandorf kinda.

Gandalf.gif? It's been part of the forum's avatar collection for ages.

Memfis said:

I think it looks cute.

GreyGhost said:

Gandalf.gif? It's been part of the forum's avatar collection for ages.

I think it looks cute.

Yeah that one. Need to remember names properly...

Kontra Kommando said:

I always get my face shaved whenever I go to get my mullet shaped up at Super Cuts. Not kidding, I'm proud to wear a mullet.
http://i.imgur.com/brK7gIVl.jpg
One day, it will be as rockin as this one.

My brother has wavy hair like that. I don't understand why he doesn't let it look like that. Mel Gibson certainly looks rockin' there.

Memfis said:

Maybe I should read about shaving other parts of the body, I mean I don't think I'll ever get a girlfriend but what if I do and then she'll find out that I have a hairy ass or something and dump me? I don't know what are the standards here and what people expect.

girls can be a lot more disgusting than guys sometimes, even if they look pretty superficial on the surface. If a girl dumps you for that reason then she's a bitch and no one needs her. Especially not you :)

40oz said:

girls can be a lot more disgusting than guys sometimes, even if they look pretty superficial on the surface. If a girl dumps you for that reason then she's a bitch and no one needs her. Especially not you :)

Yeah I agree girls are a lot more disgusting or can be. Beyond watching Honey Boo Boo's gross sisters, seems like 90% of women I know belch more than any guy can. No matter how femme and frilly they are. Before it used to not bother me, but its getting to be an issue.

Even the rare times when I deal with clients, seems like the females are the ones to just belch on the phone or have some sort of indigestion issue. Makes me think wow really professional. These are people that wear suits to work. Maybe its because their bodies are smaller so it becomes more audible?