• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Insomniak

Doom Squared Part 6

Doom Squared Part 6

AFTER-ACTION REPORT:

I stepped onto the bridge and saw the walls beside me crumble away. Two cacodemons had built red hot nests in holes in the wall. I ran back to the lobby and stuck my plasma rifle into the small window. I aimed at the first one and held down the trigger for about four seconds, then released it and rotated the gun 90 degrees to the right, let loose a couple of quick blasts and hears its mournful cry as its body fell into the reeking waste tank.

The fumes from the waste were making me gag. I had to crawl on my knees to get across the bridge. I scrambled up the door and opened it. Inside was a demon that had died from suffication. There was the usual exit button on the wall behind its body, and I wasted no time in pushing it.

The wall opened out onto the street. The pavement all around here was, in the only word I could use to describe it, shattered. It looked like it was split into huge chunks, then tossed upside down. About 10 feet away was a garbage truck, it's doors ripped off and it's driver about 3 feet away with his arm ripped off. He was dead, just like everyone else I had seen so far. I decided to take his truck and go to one place I knew might be safe...

The truck had two modes: normal and hover. Damn, they must have perfected vehicular hover moters durring the time I was imprisoned on Mars. A man can miss alot of technology improvements in 10 years. I activated the blue Hover switch, and quickly learned how to drive with it. I began to head up the street and find "The Crusher".

The Crusher was one of the best military boot camps on the continent. Each UAC private had to go here at one time, and it had broken many privates and created many great warriors. It's location was a great secret in the military; every person who went there had to be blindfolded on the way there. I was one of the elite few who knew it's location. The commander I had attacked back in the war had a sheet of paper stating the address, city, latitude and longitude of the base, and I had memorized them during my stay in prison.

I set my mind to trying to figure out what had happened to the streets to make them turn into sharp, pointy boulders. A nuclear attack? No, I had seen the antique pictures of the Hiroshima attack. The buildings here were still standing, and there was no radiation present. What about an ammunitions disaster, like the Halifax Explosion? No, not enough boddies. the only thing I could think of would be a Sonic Blast Missile, and only three countries had one. The dammage met the profile of the Houston Attack...

By now I was at the location, and this was very unusual. Here I was, in the middle of a commercial area, with many abandoned warehouses and fast food places. And here, next to a wrecked truck stop, was a children's playground. "What the hell is this?" was the first phrase that crossed my mind, and I got out and explored the park. A couple of swings, a see-saw, some big matal structures for climbing, and a merry-go-round, all of them painted bright colours and surrounded by green grass. The only thing that made it look different was the large rectangular patch of brown grass near the gate. I got down and felt at it. It was sod, and when pealed away, showed a large metal door. I opened it, went into the small room below it, which I remembered as the "prep room" where you first started off here. The ceiling where i came in closed behind me, and I looked around. There was a fresh suit, armour and boots on one of the benches, thank god. I quickly changed, and opened the door the the first training area...

Uhh, the marine wasn't on Mars for ten years, only three.

Three years ago you assaulted a superior officer for ordering his soldiers to fire on civilians. He and his body cast were shipped to Pearl Harbor, while you were transferred to Mars, home of the Union Aerospace Coporation.

Other than that, good story.

dsm said:

Uhh, the marine wasn't on Mars for ten years, only three.

Who knows, maybe the UAC sent him through a time accelerating machine :)

hmmm...well, in my story, you spent a year in cryostasis on the long trip to Mars, 3 years at the UAC prison, and there's a time differential in the portals into Hell.