Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Springy

Blasphemer discussion

@raymoohawk Thanks, I will get back to those eventually. But I think the project is in dire need of a player sprite atm.
I was thinking of going with Maz's idea of a non-human character with horns, but if anyone has more suggestions, I'm open to ideas

i was going to suggest that maybe it could be a dwarf or gnome, or other small species, since the heretic player is pretty small (smaller than doomguy iirc)

raymoohawk said:

i was going to suggest that maybe it could be a dwarf or gnome, or other small species, since the heretic player is pretty small (smaller than doomguy iirc)

The sprite might be smaller than Doomguy's, but the actor dimensions are still the same.

Here my submission for E1M1 of Blasphemer:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/42yac3abvptp0cv/dotb01.wad

Death of the Blasphemer.

I created it with Doom Builder 2, Game configuration: Heretic, and the blasphem.wad as resources wad. I tested it in ZDooM.

The only thing missing are difficult settings, and eventually some bugs to fix.

Let me know what you think. Feel free to modify it, if you want, just let me know!

HorrorMovieGuy said:

@
I was thinking of going with Maz's idea of a non-human character with horns, but if anyone has more suggestions, I'm open to ideas

now that i think about it, it makes sense if the player is a demon or half demon. that could be why the player is branded as a blasphemer despite being good

Death of the Blasphemer.

Beated on Skill 4 (5 is nightmare in zdoom or derivate ports), well the map was a bit hard on hard skill because of amount of the health if not was that secret whit 2 health (+25 inv) i think of i was going to lose, well aim on these flying dudes (?) is a bit hard since his head sprite is a little off set but ok.
arght someone escaped from me :(

Kills 65/66
Itens 9/9
Secrets 3/3
Time 7:36

Protox said:

Death of the Blasphemer.

Beated on Skill 4 (5 is nightmare in zdoom or derivate ports), well the map was a bit hard on hard skill because of amount of the health if not was that secret whit 2 health (+25 inv) i think of i was going to lose, well aim on these flying dudes (?) is a bit hard since his head sprite is a little off set but ok.
arght someone escaped from me :(

Kills 65/66
Itens 9/9
Secrets 3/3
Time 7:36

To avoid problems with the placeholder sprites I deleted them from the original blasphemer file, creating thus a resource wad I used while creating the level. So actually I was playing an Heretic/Blasphemer hybrid.

I usually test gameplay in heretic, i thinked too about making a patch containing only H-monsters, but i never bothered doing it. (ps. still didn't had time, soon(tm)).

since i have some projectiles wad there i can see whitch monsters is what by they moves and projectiles, like knight throw in me green and red squares, mummy shot a orange chasing square and etc only gargoile leader have a good projectile of i created seen in some posts ago.

Edit: since is the last post of page 5 some of us may not seen they but is there - http://www.doomworld.com/vb/post/1369195

Here's a rough test sprite of the player I'm working on. He's a human/demon hybrid sort of deal. I still have to give him a weapon(wand?) to hold and fix the shading on the arms, face and hair, but I like how it's turning out so far. Maybe I'll put a small medallion around his neck too(the so called artifact that ressurected him)

Hey, that's cool, but i belive that thing belong to the zauber thread, since centaurus are from Hexen :P

@angry saint: i finally had the mind to play this (aka i finally got an exam out of the way). A couple of quick notes: the imps in the arena are cute but harmless without imp leaders and mummys to support them, replacing a couple of imps with leaders and mummys would spice up the fight in a good way.
I played in av and it felt really really easy, but it is supposed to be map01 so it don't really matter.
Other than that i liked it, it is a pretty little map. If consense is met, i would gladly make some adjustment to my tentative map01 to make it a map02 or something.

Ooh, nice centaur concept! Yeah, I guess it belongs in the Zauberer thread.

Perhaps, but probably focus on Blasph before Zaub, if only because one has been around longer than the other. At least, I don't recall Zauberer being around as long.

wait ah crap, i got totally confused. yep this goes into zauberer, i totally misremembered the centaur as being from heretic

Yeah, focus should probably be on Blasphemer over Zauberer (though of course I'm very grateful for all contributions to my Project also), perhaps also since it's more finished than Zaub. For the record, I Think I started the Zauberer Project early 2012, and Blasph. was started in late 2008 I Believe.

Blasphemer now has a random map generator! I’ve added a Blasphemer 0.1 definition to ObHack.

You can now play 48-level (actually up to 55 levels, depending on how the source port handles Heretic E6M3 exits and E6 secrets) megawads in Blasphemer.

Since there's only one monster sprite in the last Blasphemer release (0.1), there isn't much variety in the monsters to fight, but it’s a start, and it is a "proof of concept" showing that even this early in development, Blasphemer has enough resources to make for a playable game.

It’s version 008 of ObHack, available here:

http://samiam.org/obhack

Cacowad said:

@angry saint: i finally had the mind to play this (aka i finally got an exam out of the way). A couple of quick notes: the imps in the arena are cute but harmless without imp leaders and mummys to support them, replacing a couple of imps with leaders and mummys would spice up the fight in a good way.
I played in av and it felt really really easy, but it is supposed to be map01 so it don't really matter.
Other than that i liked it, it is a pretty little map. If consense is met, i would gladly make some adjustment to my tentative map01 to make it a map02 or something.

For "imp leaders" you mean the fire gargoyle? If I remember correctly the normal gargoyles comes without fire variant in the first levels. Or am I wrong?

When possible, I will update the map.

@samian: Cool, got to try it out someday.

@Angry Saint: You are indeed correct, there are no fire gargoyles in Heretic E1M1, and you are free to not add them if you don't want to; i was just addressing a feeling i got while playing the map. On the other hand i should be able to do an update to my map in a short time... out of curiosity did you tried it out? you can find it near the end of page 2 of this thread.