Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Springy

Blasphemer discussion

Hey, that is a lot of stuff! thank you very much! If they are fitting or not is a minor concern in the current state of the project imho, since we can shuffle them around if necessary.

Usually Doomad is always there, and depending on the time someone else may be occasionally on. I usually try to be there every time i'm home.

Yep, sometimes i forget to exit some programs when i close my laptop, so this may happen.

Edit: The wiki has been updated to comprehend and complete the old wiki located at the now defunct google code. For some reason vertical textures and sounds were omitted from having a proper completion list, so that will be the next thing i'll need to check.
Again the wiki is located here, please let me know is something is missing\broken so i can fix it.

Cacowad said:

P.s: also i'm quite tempted to try and post it into wads&mods to win someone on the Blasphemere texture pack, wich is really good imo.

Yes, if all resources are done this should be the next step.

I've read only now your comments to the candidate levels.

At the moment I'm quite busy with other projects, but I may start working on them, and checking around if authors are still available.

No problem, i was busy following a bilingual english\japanese stream of dark souls 3 lately so i didn't made a lot of progress too :P

Regarding authors, i reached SFoZ911 some time ago and he said it will be fine if we reuse his map.

I just rechecked the textures pack and it is indeed complete, just two additional flats seems to be pure placeholder: FLSNOW and FLWICE, since they are just white blocks. nevermind that, i'm apparently blind.

I have updated my ObHack random map generator (based off of a 2007 version of Oblige), to build Blasphemer megawads with golems and undead warriors, since these sprints have been added over the last year. In addition, the code has logic in place to build boss arenas, even though Blasphemer doesn’t have the boss sprites yet. And, oh, it supports CTF maps, Deathmatch maps, and, yeah, FreeDoom, Doom1, Doom2, and even Heretic:

https://github.com/samboy/ObHack/releases/tag/ObHack-008-Blasphemer201602

(move Win32-binary/ObHack.exe to the folder ObHack-engine-008.3, then run ObHack.exe; non-Windows users can build from the source code)

I’m really impressed with Blasphemer; while it’s taking me longer than I would like to have all of the monster sprites; the sprites it does have are quite nice looking and it has a much nicer gothic atmosphere than the original Heretic game.

I gave up on FreeDoom about a decade ago, but over the last couple of years it’s been coming together and now has all of the Doom and Doom2 monster sprites; the really ugly sprites have been redrawn. I’m sure Blasphemer will get finished too, but, based on my experience with FreeDoom, it will probably take about 5-10 years.

As for our missing "powered up staff sprites" A pm to bigprojectalone brings quite a bit here to the plate to sort through. If I'm correct, then this should also bring over what we were missing from the link to his sprites from the first post before. I suggest backing up these files however, puush doesn't hold them forever.

bpa:
Here's the link to the file:

http://puu.sh/qfEya/c819172938.rar

i've put on it

Monsters, Items, Pickups, Weapons, Textures.. Decorations whatever i did and though

could be used.
Some of them might be not really usefull you will judge by yourself.

everything is from myself except 1 or 2 monsters and a couples of textures that are

remakes.

If you want to know what exactly is not from me. here's the names of those.

From the textures, those with runes draw on them. i did the runes but the textures is from

doom if i remember right.
And the one called GORGE1 is a remake of another texture.

from the sprites..

SPOS*** is a heavy edited diablo succubus.
BEA2*** is a beast from heretic recolored.
LDSD*** is a edited NAGA from might & magic 8

If there is any problem just contact me.
And dont forget to credit me if you use something!

Thank you. :)

Woah, that is a lot of stuff. Thank you for your generous contribution and for taking the time to contact BPA. I gave a quick look around, and while not everything is usefull (or even acceptable due to license issue with the edited monsters\textures), there is definetly a lot of stuff we can use.
At this point i should probably open an attic of some sort...

Unfortunately, i will be away from my computer for at least one week, but when i return the .wad will be updated with the new contributions.

Thank you again!

It seems to be pretty much it really, since the versions i've been posting are more of a personal build than an "official" update. That said, thank you for creating the page!

Quick side note, i'm back but expect the next version of the "experimental build" to take some time to show up.

I tried to contact the authors of the "free" maps I found on internet. I used the email accounts in the txt files, but most are not existing anymore.

"Town of Aquafort" author SFoZ911, Lucifer's Spell author Paul Corfiatis, The sewers author Steve Parker and Khazad Dum author Philippe lesire could not be contacted.

I had more luck with Torture author Chris Lutz. I wait to see if he answers.

I got a respond from SFoZ911, since it is still around the forum, and he is fine if we reuse his map.

I'm busy with exams and whatnot is this period (i will be more free to do stuff after half September), so i won't be able to include maps that need heavy retexturing (like Khazad Dum for example).

Last but not least, if you can think of a tentative map order for those maps it would help my indecisiveness.

So are we going to use these maps even if the author was not available? For me it is ok, as the permission text in the standard txt allows us to do this.

I will create a wad with the levels in a reasonable order.

It was good manner to try at least, eventually those maps are going to be replaced as new ones start to come in.

Here it is, a demo episode for Blasphemer, compiled by me.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/evrag9utaadh764/b_ep1.rar

Maps and authors:

E1M1 - Death of the Blasphemer, by Angry Saint
E1M2 - Town of Aquafort, by SFoZ911
E1M3 - The Sewers, by Steve Parker
E1M4 - Khazad-dum, by Philippe lesire
E1M5 - Lucifer's Spell, by Paul Corfiatis
E1M6 - Bravado, by Brad Kiefer
E1M7 - Breeze, by Brad Kiefer
E1M8 - Brave, by Brad Kiefer

Mapset was tested with Heretic+ and Blasphemer iwad.

The following maps were modified:

E1M2 - Town of Aquafort, by SFoZ911 => sound sequences were removed
E1M5 - Lucifer's Spell, by Paul Corfiatis => sound sequences were removed
E1M4 - Khazad-dum, by Philippe lesire => additional textures were removed

Nice, thank you, i'll be able to put this togheter with the other stuff by the end of september, since is when i will have a breathe from my exams (yes i previously said by this period, but an exam got delayed on the 29 of september).

A couple of questions: what do you think about the others maps you left behind? shall we put them further in E2?
Did you fix the textures misalignments on Parker's map?

I think I just missed Torture by Chris Lutz... I think we can substitute one of the "B" maps with it, they are not so good after all.

EDIT: I think we can substitute the three B maps with the previous Blapshemer maps:

E1M7: original by Jute Gyte, edited by Protox
E1M8: original by Rellik (Conversion by Jute), edited by Protox
E1M9: original by Protox, edited by Cacowad

And put Torture by Lutz in E1M9.

Ok, those are the SP maps i found:

From the "experimental build":
E1M2: by cacowad
E1M3: by Snarboo
E1M7: by Ryathaen
E2M1: by Owen "Sarge Baldy" Lloyd
E3M7: by Cacowad

Then i got this one: original by Samian and then modified by me.

Regarding the DM maps, i doubt you can carve SP maps from them without significant changes to the layout... some of them are really small, others have circular layouts... but hey, more power to you if you manage it.