Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Springy

Blasphemer discussion

i liek it ;) (are you sure the invasion is the end tho?)

i presume the invasion part is what zauberer would depict, however freedoom is already going for aliens, maybe the invaders could be something else here, gods, demons, extra dimensional travelers.
or maybe the parasites and/or drug you describe have mutated people. it could be a shannara-ish scenerio, having the people mutate into forms resembling mythologial creatures, and living in a post apocoliptycal world (adventure timish without the trippiness maybe?)

and yes i think you should pm him

I makes me happy that you like it! :)
As I said, the story wasn't really written with Zauberer in mind. The thought was that the story begins with the prologue with the aliens invading (of course feel free to change it to whatever) and ending at a cliffhanger to get the reader interested and read the rest, and then the last chapter would continue with how the fighting team would defeat the aliens (or whatever) in the end. The story is largely unfinished, I planned on expanding a lot on it, but I haven't had the energy to do so yet.
Edit: I've sent PM:s to fraggle and jmickle.
Edit 2: HMGuy, those concepts looks really nice :)

I've noticed a long time ago that the three bonus maps (E6M1-3) have not been replaced with the placeholder map. Is there any plans for those three maps?

And furthermore, what's the plans for the Episodes? The reason I ask is because I noticed that Episode 4 contained a few multiplayer maps.

To my knowledge episodes 1-3 were designed to be SP while 4-5 multiplayer (DM intended). What will probably happens is the same that happened to Freedoom, so with enoght submissions 4-5 will become SP and all the DM maps will be compiled into a separate WAD. About E6M1-3... i don't know, i don't think there was even a discussion for them (since you can not reach them in game normally), what i know is that they are really low priority right now.

P.S. there were a "discussion" about episodes themes some theme ago, over here http://teamhellspawn.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=380, but since i really wasn't on the IRC at the time i can't really tell. I think you can still use those as a "suggested themes" template.

I have started creating some maps for Blasphemer, I really would like that it keeps the fantasy/medieval setting, as I am inspired to create a map in that style.

e6 maps can be a future ctf maybe

Edit: i already have some of heretic dm maps (4) and a full episode of blasphemer maps to dethmatch too

Probably should've asked this before starting work on it, but I was thinking that since "Episode Six" is just three bonus maps, maybe we could make one of them into a museum that shows off what all of the items, artifacts, monsters, weapons, and ammo look like in Blasphemer. What do you guys think?

https://www.sendspace.com/file/rpvnl3

from e4m1 to e5m2, also some notes:

E4M9 is not mine i hve find this map around and i put on my list only it... (well this map was made to blsphemer lso so its no poblem)

e4m8 and e5m2 are map whitout player starts and already things of i dont finisheds so ignore that 2 if you want

htc_swdm4.wad is a map pack by me, limited to shareware guns only.

there are some other miscellnious maps on my zip

Edit: i forget to say there is a sprites wad in the zip also they add mace balls projectiles and impleader fireballs also (well have the iron lich ice attack but dont work well)

Protox: Good! i'll take a look at it right now... with those, mine and the ones already in Blasphemer we definitely have a couple of episodes for DM, if we can find a player sprite (even placeholder stuff would be good) we could reach the 0.2 goal (or even 0.3, DM ready)! This would be a great turn of event.

Edit: LOL yeah, i am the author of e4m9 so it is fine xD, also i didn't found the sprites in the .zip, are you sure you put them in?

p.s. In case you were wondering, those are my DM maps posted here a while ago: https://www.mediafire.com/?0g7bgair9m62987

DragonMorpheus: i'm quoting HorrorMovieGuy here, feel free to post it, the idea is fine to me.

Cacowad said:

Edit: LOL yeah, i am the author of e4m9 so it is fine xD, also i didn't found the sprites in the .zip, are you sure you put them in?

aww i missed him sorry: https://www.sendspace.com/file/99xo4d

BP-SPRITES.wad (7.10KB) use zdoom and summon hereticimpleader and summon mace. or created a map for old ports.

EDIT: Cacowad you can the same work in my maps to they look at least similar to yours? my maps looks a much diferent.

Well i can try, even if having different styles is fine, i think? anyway do you have a particular map(s) you want me to touch up?

your maps seen to be very big and the playable area is still medium and some of the maps i do re much small nd i dont have ny idea to increase it, i mean if you can increase the size of them.

Edit: about the heretic sw dm you not need to edit the size of them is already big.

Well, i'll see what i can do then ;) No promises though, since i'm still pretty new to DM mapping...

I'm working on a map for Blasphemer, called (at the moment) "Death of the Blasphemer".

I read in the backstory that the protagonist wakes up in a cemetery... so I'm making a necropoly/tomb map which could be used as first level.

Here some screenshots:

May be of interest for your project?

Sodaholic said:

Hell yeah. Perhaps I could help with the detail and texturing?

Detail: I don't know the level of detail required for Blasphemer maps... at the moment I'm trying to do the level vanilla Heretic compatible, and then add later the details.

Texturing: if you mean the non alligned textures, yes there are a lot, I still have to take care of that aspect of the level design.

But when I finish the level, I will be glad to have it edited for improvement!

I'm getting close to completing the Museum level, but I've run into a problem: One of the wings of the Museum is supposed to allow you to listen to the ambient noises that are sometimes placed in levels, but since they're just sounds, I have no immediate way to help identify them.

The only idea I can come up with is to create each room in a way that helps portray what they're supposed to be (room filled with water for "waterfall", swampland for "squish", etc.), but that's still rather limited.

Any ideas?

Eh, some of them are really abstract (harthbeat, footsteps as example) so i don't know if it is even worth it.

Came up with an idea for a Malotaur replacement.
http://i.imgur.com/cxTENnW.jpg
What do you guys think?

Also, on a side note, I finally got my computer fixed. Should I go finish those 2 monsters I started, or should I try working on a player sprite?(since that's the current priority in the project)