Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
geo

Games about Hunger, Eating, Autumn or Thanksgiving

It is November and in America we have a little thing called Thanksgiving. So I was wondering what are the games that involve hunger, eating, autumn or Thanksgiving?

Off the top of my head, I can list:

Pac Man
Don't Starve
Slender: The Arrival (it reminds me of autumn)
Cooking Mama (never played it, but it has cooking)
Dinner Date (its about having dinner)
South Park N64 (for its turkeys)

I can't really think of any others

How could you leave out Super Turbo Turkey Puncher? I mean, when I think of Thanksgiving, it's the first game that comes to my head.

Oregon Trail. Maybe Reel Fishing. Not sure bout' Deer Hunter. Harvest Moon and Sims. Giga Pet. Tomagachi. Chao garden in Sonic Adventure 1-2. Dr. Mario? RPGs?

You are what I eat
So much flesh, so much meat
With my hands, your skull I will beat
and leave your carcass in the street

Clonehunter said:

Thanksgiving? Pfft, if the stores don't celebrate it months in advance, I don't. It's been Christmas since September, bitch.

Yeah, why do businesses put out advertising for the next holiday months before the upcoming one? Christmas decorations being sold at Costco mid-August?! Valentine's Day cards sold on Christmas Eve? Easter decorations being sold before St. Patrick's Day? That shit's bothered me for a good number of years now. I get that retail has to get their merchandise well in advance, but that doesn't mean they need to advertise at the same time. The good little consumerist drones can get themselves all riled up with their material wants, they don't need reminders that early.

kirby's dreamland
yoshi eats stuff in super mario world
in a gameboy rpg 'great greed' everyone has food names like 'microwave' etc.
the boss from starfox 64 ate you if I remember

The Sims is an easy one. I think metal gear solid: snake eater has hunger in it too. Not sure, haven't actually played the game but I remember some mention of that in a game review magazine article for it.

Oh, and I forgot there's Castlevania, where you heal yourself with what is called a pork chop, but clearly looks like a turkey leg.

Final Fight had a chicken health power-up that could pass as a turkey.
Fallout New Vegas in Hardcore mode had a stat inhibiting hunger mechanism. Along with the survival skill and the campfire that allowed you to craft all manner of enhanced food items from wasteland creatures.

not sure if this counts but Tales of Phantasia has you acquiring food sacks and when you walk around with food in it, your party consumes it while walking.

Jr. Pac-Man and Super Pac-Man are pretty damn underrated. I wish Namco would re-release Jr. in their compilations, but that probably won't happen anytime soon since it was made by Midway and Gencomp.

Also, while it isn't about eating most of the time, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that I actually like Hello Pac-Man (Pac-Man 2 here in the West) on the SNES/Genesis. People give that game a lot of shit, but I actually found it really entertaining.

I remember in Ultima 7 you had to constantly feed your party or they would starve to death (and fat ass Iolo couldn't go 5 minutes with out eating something) And wasn't Thanksgiving like a month ago?

EDIT: Silly me, I forgot that the American Thanksgiving is later than the Canadian one.

Oh, another game that deals with hunger and eating is Earthbound, with healing items all being things like pizza, burgers, donuts, and all other manner of junk foods.

DoomUK said:

[img]

Holding a skeleton at bay with a pistol to stop it stealing your tasty chicken dinner.

Edit:

Jimi said:

How about some Deus Ex: Nutritional Soy Food Edition?

How about playing Wolfenstein series, those games have food you can eat to replenish your health.
There is Castlevania:Symphony of the Night, where you can restore HP by eating turkey and other stuff like that.
And RPGs as well, they do often have food you can eat.

Man somebody slap me. How could I forget Kirby, Yoshi or Burgertime? Especially when Burgertime was probably the first game I made a clone of when I was a kid. Time to play all 3 weeeeee!

Wonder Boy or Adventure Island. You're practically eating the whole time in order to keep your vitality meter up.

Also, Diet Go Go:

Well I managed to buy Kirby Dream Land 1 and play it all the way through in under an hour. Then there's a Game Advanced mode where they have you replay the game and throw every enemy at you at once.

I've never actually played a Kirby game before. I really like it, there's a good variety to it. The maps weren't as straight forward as they originally seemed. A lot of the levels felt like the bosses were themed from other games.

There was a violent thanksgiving themed propaganda flash game released by PETA several years ago that let you participate in the unethical treatment of turkeys in order to prepare a thanksgiving dinner, then concluded by saying that tofu is the much healthier and less environmentally harmful alternative thanksgiving meal. I forget what its called.