Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CosmicXIII

Correct Ceiling Heigts ( Newbie )

Hey,

Im new to this forum and new to editing as well.
I started a map with doombuilder2 in boom format.

( it is more like a sandbox map for me,not concept driven,but i want to finish it anyway )

My "problem" is that i want to correct all sectors ceiling heights with that F_SKY1 texture.

I know how to do it.but this will take forever in 3d mode.
Maybe there is a "smarter" way to do this ?

BoomCastle.wad

I love slaughter maps so my map will be one.
Sorry for my poor english :)

Welcome aboard!

As far as I know, manually selecting all the sectors you want to raise is the only way to do it, but somebody with less patience for tedium than I do (or who read the DB2 manual) may know some cool time-saving "smart" features that it has.

EDIT: Your map looks great so far by the way, especially for someone who's new to editing! Keep it up.

In 2d view, press S for sector mode.

Then from the the top menu choose Mode > Find and Replace Mode (or press F3 shortcut)

In the window that pops up:
search type: "sector flat"
find what: "F_SKY1" (or manually find whatever texture flat you want to adjust)

Click find, and then close that window. All the relevant sectors should be selected, and you can adjust all their heights at once either by right clicking and typing a ceiling height, or with the cursor over one of them hold down shift and scroll the mouse wheel up and down.

mouldy said:

Click find, and then close that window. All the relevant sectors should be selected, and you can adjust all their heights at once either by right clicking and typing a ceiling height, or with the cursor over one of them hold down shift and scroll the mouse wheel up and down.

You can also raise or lower by any increment by entering values like ++32 or --32. This works with most Doom Builder fields that accept numbers.