• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lord FlatHead

First DOOM III screenshots

Fredrik said:

By the way

"First Doom III Screenshots"

LOOK WHO'S BEEN LIVING UNDER A ROCK DURING THE PAST YEAR!

Macworld was a presentation of the engine, not the game. The Quakecon pictures were illegal. Hence, these are officially the firs Doom III screenshots.

FlatHead said:

Macworld was a presentation of the engine, not the game.

Yeah, but they did show the game (and things from the game that are also shown here)

dsm said:

If you're one of those tasteless people who liked the Quake1 soundtrack, then take my advice: Be very, very careful what you say in the future, ESPECIALLY when I'm around.

No, especially when I'M around.

gatewatcher said:

why does everyone dislike trent?

Uh... listen to the Downward Spiral and the Fragile. Nothing else to say.

tsareppsun said:

Those are some "CRISP" ass screenies man.

Yeh, unfortunately :(

Flathead said:

The Quakecon pictures were illegal. Hence, these are officially the firs Doom III screenshots.

Those weren't even true screenshots, they came from the projection screen. These are first screenshots output by the actual engine itself.

tsareppsun said:

And for the "PINKIE" as ya'll call it............. GOT DAMMIT!! STOP CALLING IT A PINK DEMON!! THAT THING IS NOT THE CLASSIC PINK DEMON!!! id PLEASE, IF YA'LL READ THESE POST, PLEASE! EXPLAIN TO THESE PEOPLE, THAT CREATURE IS NOT A REMAKE OF THE PINK DEMON, BUT IT'S A "NEW" CREATURE FOR THE GAME!!!!!

Don't be silly, Carmack stated at Quakecon 2001 that it WAS the pinky - yes, I think it looks cool, but I'm a bit unhappy that it looks so different from the old pinky - goddammit, where's it's eyes!?
Gah, I guess I'll have to get used to it as an entirely new critter.

GS-1719 said:

Plenty of UAC shots and video, but they had better inculde locations from hell.

Heh, well you sure won't see it in anything they're giving out now - there's no way id would give out the best parts of their game in this demo.

But if you mean will they be included in the game at all, yes there was an article on gamespy which stated the game would take a trip into hell and back.

And really, that's all I can ask for =)

Trent likes Doom and Quake - if id want him to produce music to it, leave em be.
most people play their own cds over the games anyway.

dsm said:

Don't be silly, Carmack stated at Quakecon 2001 that it WAS the pinky - yes, I think it looks cool, but I'm a bit unhappy that it looks so different from the old pinky - goddammit, where's it's eyes!?
Gah, I guess I'll have to get used to it as an entirely new critter.

Yeah, it looks more like something from the Alien saga. Pray that they keep in the good ol' cacodemons.

Quit saying it doesn't feel like Doom. First, that's not necesarilly a bad thing. And second, you didn't even played it so far.

This is just eyecandy for us zealots.

Zaldron said:

Quit saying it doesn't feel like Doom. First, that's not necesarilly a bad thing. And second, you didn't even played it so far.

This is just eyecandy for us zealots.

Hey, if I feel like complaining over something that imo seems too different from the old Doom, I'll do it - I'll likely get used to the changes overtime (I got used to the new pinky being fourlegged and having a pair of different looking horns after a while - now I just have to get used to the thought of it being a cyborg) and then I'll propably start to like it.
Right now, I want to complain just for the sake of having someone point out to me the coolness of the changes.
Ok?