Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Hellbent

Malware remover on a Mac?

Methinks my Mac is infected with all sorts of malware. In Safari, new spam tabs pop open whenever I click on text fields let alone links. For example, if I click on the google search field to type in a search, a new tab will pop up with some spam content. My computer runs hot all the time, the fan runs most of the time; it's ridiculous. I'm using Opera now, but even it is having some similar kinds of behavior, but to a lesser extent. Is there good software to find and remove these malicious spamifications that have infiltrated their way into my computer?

I suggest taking some benzo, because you're clearly hallucinating. Macs don't get infected.

Thank you Grey Ghost. I probably installed a Trojan or two. I often don't look for software trying to trick me since I'm installing it onto a Mac. ;)

Oh yeah, in Safari extra ads are all over the doomworld site making it very annoying to browse.

What are the symptoms?

The most typical symptom of such adware is the display of advertisements on your Mac where none should exist.

http://www.reedcorner.net/arg/

Advertising banners are injected with the web pages that you are visiting.
Random web page text is turned into hyperlinks.
Browser popups appear which recommend fake updates or other software.
Other unwanted adware programs might get installed without the user’s knowledge.

http://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-mac-os-x-virus/ I experience all these symptoms.

Edit: Yay, that seems to have fixed it!

Edit: This is eerie: Safari is blazingly fast now.