Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fredrik

Here's something I find particularly interesting

From Gamespy's article
One of the more interesting technical innovations we saw is a new GUI system that allows for Flash-like animation on any surface, and can be completely interactive. Unlike most current games, where a keypad or switch might be portrayed with a few simple textures, these items can now be presented with much more detail.

Anyone realize what that means? It means you can have completely interactive textures, yeah, and not only simple switches!

Remember they (don't remember who - Carmack?) said that they were "looking for new ways for the player to interact". Go figure. This could mean that you may use actual computers with GUIs in the game... in all seriousness. They could create a fake UAC OS :]

Perhaps I am speculating too far, but it's still an interesting thought. And hey, consider that DOOM 3 will have an advanced scripting system - it might be possible to port DOOM to DOOM3!

/Drool
Damn, this game's gonna be great. I foresee entirely new gameplay elements never seen before :-P~|

Fredrik said:

They could create a fake UAC OS :]

They ought to use SoM_OS :P

FlatHead said:

Where's Zaldron trough all of this?

Probably passed out and taken to a hospital.

Lüt said:

Probably passed out and taken to a hospital.

Exactly my thought, heheh...

Oh I was here all the time. Only as a guest. I wasn't home.

Seems like I have to update the FAQ again. And the latest didn't even get uploaded.

Here´s something I found particularly interesting: Seems like the new engine is able to build large terrain environments as well. If the intro sequence of the demo shows a Mars landscape with a city structure, like it was described. Maybe Lüt could tell a bit more about that? Was it the view of a larger landscape in the beginning?

Tetzlaff said:

Maybe Lüt could tell a bit more about that? Was it the view of a larger landscape in the beginning?

What would I know about that? I've only seen what the rest of the people here have.

Lüt said:

They ought to use SoM_OS :P

Yeah. We really gotta start bugging SoM to contact id Software about it!

For those of you who don't know, SoM_OS is an operating system being made by SoM. It is supposedly going to be optimized for DOOM editing/playing.

SoM said:

I hate you fredrik

.... I HATE LUT TOO!!!

YUO LIARAR!!?)§$?=$)

02/05/25 19:10:07 <SoM_> I HATE YOU ALL

Lüt said:

What would I know about that? I've only seen what the rest of the people here have.

OOoops sorry :D I meant Linguica, not you!

Woah...actual usable computer screens in-game and stuff? That would utterly own me...I'm an eye-candy fascist ( it's the mapper in me ) and so anything like this will just be manna from heaven for me.

:-)

Deathman said:

whats a q3w guy doing here?

Posting, non-spammingly, because he's interested in the new DOOM. Do you have a problem with that? I'm being nice.

RRROOOAAARRR said:

Posting, non-spammingly, because he's interested in the new DOOM. Do you have a problem with that? I'm being nice.

jk.

I am sure you know me. ;)

Tetzlaff said:

OOoops sorry :D I meant Linguica, not you!

Heh, well now I've seen it too =) Pretty good looking I think.

RRROOOAAARRR said:

Ok then :-).

As for the knowing who you are bit, you've got me there...

eh...I used to be called deathman at Q3W until I changed my name to Kaiser.

banned twice?

banned for 5 or so alt nicks

owned raw in Quake 3 dm6 only to let me live as a shallow alt nick wondering in the spam forum?

rings a bell now?

GS-1719 said:

A UAC OS... complete with random system crashes and reboots..

Sorry.

But the UAC is nowhere as evil as Microsoft. Not even after the invasion.