Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

You made that in under 10 hours? I've been mapping all day and made like three rooms ;-;

7 minutes ago, dobu gabu maru said:

zsReo0w.gif

If I pick one of the doors with a goat behind it, do I get to keep the goat?

1 hour ago, Eris Falling said:

You made that in under 10 hours?

I wish. I started that on stream some time ago. Total mapping time was probably 20-30 hours though. What I meant was it's _finished_ thanks to this stream! :D

1 hour ago, Not Jabba said:

If I pick one of the doors with a goat behind it, do I get to keep the goat?

If you pick the right door, you get to live :)

1 hour ago, dobu gabu maru said:

If you pick the right door, you get to live :)

...so I don't get a goat?

What about a missile-launching skyscraper with goat legs?

@Dragonfly YOu are an absolutely incredible mapper. the fact it took you 20-30 hours to make a map as gorgeous as that stuns me. I wish I could do that in that amount of time. One question though, how did you make that beautiful archway in the third image? It looks like it has multiple slopes, but i've never been able to figure out how that works!

I think you break it down into multiple sectors, if the change in height between each sector isn't uniform then you should get a changing gradient like that.

2 hours ago, antares031 said:

MB9g5Rt.png

rude and unnecessary tbh

Seriously though this map is looking great :)

3 hours ago, antares031 said:

re_doom40.png.deb6e61cddf8f1c2827a77d2d3b42a54.png

Stage 3 completed, 4 more to go.

Oh my god. Revenants, imps, cacodemons and zombies. all rather low tier monsters that are easy to chew through. You didn't fall into the slaughter catergory where people thinking killing sixty barons is fun!

8 minutes ago, Dragonfly said:

@Phade102 - Here's you're answer! A more comprehensive example below however.

So you wanna make a smooth archway? There's a few ways of going about this, but here's how I do mine most commonly:-

Step one - 'invent the curve you're looking to recreate with linedefs'

f0be1164fa561b472026606270778eac.png

Step Two - 'translate the vertexes of your curve into linedefs where the archway should be' (pic will really help here)

8698c5be42f913661169cded245b54c6.png

Step three - 'measure the height difference between each vertex and apply that to the geometry'

8500c2864d4232bbaae7ef24b9fceca7.png

Step Four - Apply the slope linedef action (Action 181) and enjoy your pretty new slopes!

6aa562847aabe008c651f6e670a3a785.png

Step Five (optional but recommended) - 'un-stretch the sloped textures'

I recommend un-stretching the textures. This can be a pain in the ass but GZDB has a hotkey that can help do the hard part.

Highlight all of your 'stretchy textures' in 3D view, and hit SHIFT+A, watch how the textures magically un-squish. You do still have to manually align it as far as I know, but at least the maths part was done for you. This particular step assumes you're using UDMF format.

005ada2cfce5d25606deefe90de5bad9.png

You should put this in editing tutorial section too so this won't get miss after few pages.

8 minutes ago, Dragonfly said:

Step Five (optional but recommended) - 'un-stretch the sloped textures'

I recommend un-stretching the textures. This can be a pain in the ass but GZDB has a hotkey that can help do the hard part.

Highlight all of your 'stretchy textures' in 3D view, and hit SHIFT+A, watch how the textures magically un-squish. You do still have to manually align it as far as I know, but at least the maths part was done for you. This particular step assumes you're using UDMF format.

For that last part, if you aren't using UDMF, another option is to try creating a compacted version of the texture you're using so that when it does stretch out, it will be reasonably close to what you want. Or just use a different texture that doesn't look too bad when stretched..

19 minutes ago, Ichor said:

For that last part, if you aren't using UDMF, another option is to try creating a compacted version of the texture you're using so that when it does stretch out, it will be reasonably close to what you want. Or just use a different texture that doesn't look too bad when stretched..

Nice, simplistic solution to the problem. Correct me if I'm wrong but you could also resort to scripting it with Sector_SetFloorScale. :)

Yeah some of those skies are stunning. I'm using that second example for my WAD actually, still need to root around more closely since there's clearly some awesome skies I haven't seen yet!

15 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Catching some rays.

And overdoing it on the red sunscreen.

15 minutes ago, Ichor said:

And overdoing it on the red sunscreen.

Doesn't look too happy. Too much is too much. I'm going to use that theme in my map too!

1 hour ago, Jimmy said:

Catching some rays.

riYeWbj.png

This picture portrays the unfortunate consequences of tanning for far too long.

37 minutes ago, Jaska said:

Doesn't look too happy. Too much is too much. I'm going to use that theme in my map too!

Maybe for one of them (maybe as a secret), add a sprite and do something like this:

On 7/19/2017 at 2:44 PM, Cell said:

plhmq35hqlapm42zg.jpg
Fanservice requests for the ones craving for it fulfilled in advance™.

You're doing God's work.