Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

21 minutes ago, Phade102 said:

Ah so correct me if i'm wrong, but hes basically lightened up a texture, made a circular sector and added it? Or is it sort of like dynamic lighting?

I'll explain; there are three elements of that scene which use baked lighting: the shadows around the curved sections of the pipes (but I used vertical transitions between the gradients to be in keeping with what I take to be Doom's visual-style), the horizontal shadow on the wall immediately underneath the pipes (idea stolen from TEKWALL6), and the glow around the bulbs of the ceiling lights themselves. Anything else (maybe the circular parts you mention?) is just regular sector lighting with some Boom light transfers. No dynamic lights, or other trickery.

6 hours ago, Jimp Argon said:

Screenshot_Doom_20170721_164205.png.66af8f77d47f8f6ee12213662598cfe0.png

Screenshot_Doom_20170721_164212.png.45e1fc0b4df91d45435638584ac2cab7.png

Screenshot_Doom_20170721_164234.png.6e3655e86c2ef6c888afab37132ff2a7.png

Screenshot_Doom_20170721_164244.png.7d064ce69dbb1c069b117a5cb2228874.png

Dollet from Final Fantasy VIII.

*uses Phoenix Down on all the Doom monsters.*

*Level ends.*

7 hours ago, durian said:

I'll explain; there are three elements of that scene which use baked lighting: the shadows around the curved sections of the pipes (but I used vertical transitions between the gradients to be in keeping with what I take to be Doom's visual-style), the horizontal shadow on the wall immediately underneath the pipes (idea stolen from TEKWALL6), and the glow around the bulbs of the ceiling lights themselves. Anything else (maybe the circular parts you mention?) is just regular sector lighting with some Boom light transfers. No dynamic lights, or other trickery.

thank you very much for explaining. I think ill try to learn how to do this, it seems very effective!

3 hours ago, RottKing said:

DQOXErXl.png

CbPZMCQl.png

ZOMjgfql.png

A new map I made for the Counter-Goat Initiative 1v1 wad

HOnestly haven't seen many asian styled maps. this looks really interesting!

I've got some inspiration today, tried to do some speedmapping, but I ended here putting unrelated stuff in one place. I use A.L.T megawad as inspiration for this map. I hope this won't take few months to finish. 

MAP01(speedmap stuff) at 2017.07.22 21-57-48.474 [R2980].jpg

6 minutes ago, MysteriousHaruko said:

I've got some inspiration today, tried to do some speedmapping, but I ended here putting unrelated stuff in one place. I use A.L.T megawad as inspiration for this map. I hope this won't take few months to finish. 

Is this the same map you showed off a while back? It looks really nice!

Just now, Phade102 said:

Is this the same map you showed off a while back? It looks really nice!

Nope. It's new one, unless you're talking about "boiling caves" which is still in beta phase until I get all gameplay tested. I worked all day with plan in the mind before I checked clock and told myself "whatever, continue on this map", because time already passed for quick speedmap. 

17 minutes ago, MysteriousHaruko said:

Nice. Also...liquid physics don't exist in Doom ;)

4 minutes ago, leodoom85 said:

Nice. Also...liquid physics don't exist in Doom ;)

That's why we can create crazy stuff in Doom engine and nobody will complain ;)

5 minutes ago, Angry_Cat said:

Now i'm starting to wonder if real life can become the doom engine so i can walk on water.

*Lava. I always wanted walk on lava and not get burned. 

1 minute ago, leodoom85 said:

Doomguy can walk on everything including void :P

Leave my void out of this thank you =)

1 hour ago, Angry_Cat said:

Now i'm starting to wonder if real life can become the doom engine so i can walk on water.

This would fuck up ALOT of stuff in the world heh xd 

You'd have homs, visplanes, limitations, etc...

Say what you will about Trump's wall - at least it would keep too many bastard visplanes showing up.

Jumping on the fake-coloured light bandwagon from a few pages ago, I'm sure this means nothing bad given all the demons turned cyan too!

In all seriousness though, dunno if I should put light transfers on this ceiling so they aren't illuminated or leave them as they are. Thoughts?

d696ASX.png

On 7/21/2017 at 1:46 AM, Eradrop said:

5 Maps already finished, wodering if I should make like 10-11 maps or maybe a full megawad. mmmm...

32 maps of the same style would be boring, right?

[sick screenshots]

Those look really beautiful :D I am very excited to check that out whenever you release it. Love the theme