Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

1 minute ago, an_mutt said:

Shame you won't be able to play this map for another five years or so!

Oh come on :( 

Jokes aside, looks good :D 

14 minutes ago, an_mutt said:

Had a pretty productive weekend.

omSmb9H.png

I'd show more but I want to keep the rest of it a surprise. Shame you won't be able to play this map for another five years or so!

Looks like BTSX E3 map, based on that switch texture and sky. Looks pretty good nonetheless.

Looks like a BTSX E3 map based on the "five years" wisecrack. :p

Nah but seriously those blue walls outside are very BTSXish. It's that, isn't it?

I just finally finished last part of the map. Now,I'm going to add textures somewhere else and put some decorations. I have feel,this map is going to be good than my first showed map. 

boom screenshot.png

1 hour ago, DMPhobos said:

More darkmoon screenshots from the construction zone map, i added a small excavation section.

Can't wait to finish it

This looks really nice and moody! The starry dark red sky goes really well with all the muted greens. My only small gripe would be the way the upper texture between the supports under the arc furthest from the player in the first shot is cut off, though I'm not quite sure how I'd handle it myself. Perhaps the texture or the entrance to that area could be modified a bit to accommodate the slope?

3 hours ago, DMPhobos said:

More darkmoon screenshots from the construction zone map, i added a small excavation section.

Can't wait to finish it

Looking very cool! That final shot with the orange lit door reminds me of some of the creepier sections of Quake 2.

What's the texture pack you're using, if you don't mind me asking?

4 hours ago, lupinx-Kassman said:

My only small gripe would be the way the upper texture between the supports under the arc furthest from the player in the first shot is cut off,

I spotted this really quickly myself. Two options in my opinion.

1) Use less defined textures that won't look weird when 'cut'. A bad example of this is the flat, CEIL5_1, which has no defined parts to the texture.

2) You could 'flatten it off' so there's sky above it. Alternately, use a portal so the building can continue upwards and look more impressive. I can elaborate more in (2) if @DMPhobos wants me to, but I'm already certain they're skilled enough! :)

10 hours ago, Bauul said:

What's the texture pack you're using, if you don't mind me asking?

Were using hidfan's Doom 3 textures, along with original textures for some doors and crates

12 hours ago, lupinx-Kassman said:

My only small gripe would be the way the upper texture between the supports under the arc furthest from the player in the first shot is cut off

It did bothered me once i sloped the ceiling and noticed it, a lot of the textures look odd in these angled slopes... couldn't figure a way so i left it as it was for the moment.

7 hours ago, Dragonfly said:

2) You could 'flatten it off' so there's sky above it. Alternately, use a portal so the building can continue upwards and look more impressive. I can elaborate more in (2) if @DMPhobos wants me to, but I'm already certain they're skilled enough! :)

I did considered using portals to make the effect you mentioned, but i figured that since the ceiling is sloped it could be problematic for the portals, so i didn't tried it yet. I have yet to fix this, maybe 3d floors can achieve the same effect.

Thanks everybody for your comments!

If 3D floors are acceptable in your project then just use a sloped 3D floor for the support beams and then adding a portal / other solutions will be very easy! :)

18 minutes ago, Dragonfly said:

@Gez is that a new SLADE feature or have I been oblivious this whole time?

Yep, something coming to SLADE soon hopefully.

The more I look at Darkmoon, the less I get it. First there's the issue of the textures lacking definition. I thought that maybe it's because whoever made that texture pack just went old-school and converted only diffuse maps, but I can see some shading on some of the textures, so I dunno. Then there's the ever-present grey lighting that I'm not sure really compliments the ever-present grey+brown texturing. I wonder where are the people who yelled at Doom 3 for being too grey, because this is a whole new level.

Also, I think that those weapon sprites need to perish. Too bad there's no decent alternative.

Sorry for being negative.

2 hours ago, tourniquet said:

Those map geometry mountains look surprisingly natural.

36 minutes ago, Ribbiks said:

@tourniquet, is that the red entry that was slated as an addendum to Miasma?

No, this is for another project not related to Miasma or its successor.

5 hours ago, Gez said:

jUfYaMu.png

Tremble, MS Paint! Your reign of terror is at an end! :p

Gez, if I give you full credit, can I use that texture in my next map?  

Art like this can't be ignored.  I especially love the way the two different heights of the cross section of the "H"s is used to highlight the inherent unbalance in today's society - that what may seem symmetrical and equal is in fact subtly distorted.  A reference to George Orwell perhaps?  Layers upon layers!