Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

1 hour ago, FuzzballFox said:

Yeah I only made it last night as an experiment on that style :) Tried a couple textures by Nightmare too based on the Gothix stuff to mix it up a bit~

I know it resembles certain things but yeah that was the idea to see if I could emulate it a bit without straight off copying!

Ah ok! I was worried for a second I'd unconsciously lifted the idea from something else.

When I know for a fact I consciously borrowed the style from Brigandine. :D

Yup just an test :) Did a couple things like trying out the rails being attached to the lower metal instead of just "jutting out" the rock for no reason.

Nice blues, Eris.

I have good news for anyone who cares about Skulldash. Me & Remmirath have just finished porting it (and the Skulltag resources it uses) to GZDoom. No more will you be forced to use an obscure in-development beta version of Zanronum! \o/

5e7826e03e804ff9b0e857f1f22d4b79.png

In addition to this, lots of minor issues have been fixed in every single map, and over eight new maps are either complete or in progress currently, including maps by me, Remmirath, Dreadopp & Tormentor667. If you're interested in contributing, please send me a message. I'd love it if more mappers join in! :)

Edited by Dragonfly

5 minutes ago, croma said:

[ image ]

I'm just learning how to do some stuff. Always learning.

Cute map. May I suggest: in a maze such as that, some "sight gaps" (that allow glimpsing but not traversing) between physically nearby but separate sectors may improve the playing experience. Height differences too so the whole thing isn't on one floor level. Suggest looking at some of the cave areas in BTSX (e.g. southwest section of E1M19) for layout inspiration.

Screenshot_Doom_20170316_011240.png.6e30d660bbfddf2ff2422c607b2190e7.png

Screenshot_Doom_20170316_011301.png.0900511893a9eebae6bc6a1531abd3d9.png

Im a rude kinda guy

13 hours ago, Eris Falling said:

geez what's this guy's problem

I'm disappointed you didn't let it kill you, then I could have made a joke about how he blue you away

Is it like "My Fav" from JPCP? If you use the "no" switch you're instakilled?

1 hour ago, Gez said:

Is it like "My Fav" from JPCP? If you use the "no" switch you're instakilled?

Exactly. I was inspired by that "Do you like Caco?" question from JPCP. Pressing no will not kill the player instantly, but it'll be something completely different. ;)

7 hours ago, Devalaous said:

I'm disappointed you didn't let it kill you, then I could have made a joke about how he blue you away

pmjHpqA.gif

bun_stemcel.png

bun_stemcel2.png

bun_stemcel3.png

have been sitting around scribbling out classicky maps with low linedef count

not so much a DTWID style-guide thing as it is a weird-ass TNT gimmick map thing

I kinda wanna release a few maps that argue in favour of totally hideous level aesthetics

1 hour ago, yakfak said:

I kinda wanna release a few maps that argue in favour of totally hideous level aesthetics

Please do -- the "messy mid-nineties" style, made entirely from (or at least only augmented by slight modifications to) stock textures, and made without the improvements in thematic consistency brought about by 3D preview, is one of my favourites.

It does look pretty cool, I really dig the "natural" shapes and texture choices here. The flats and textures all gel together nicely.

Just PLEASE get a better waterfall texture! FIREBLU doesn't work just because it's 50% blue - get some WFALL# textures, add them in as textures, and every port should animate them immediately.

1 hour ago, joe-ilya said:

It is if you think about timezones.

I guess in Australia. It could check the local time on the user's PC instead.