Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

I just started a new Doom 64 themed map. My mapping practice continues. A medical facility overrun by hell, I prescribe chainsaw.

6IOMUTc.png

CxPgut3.png

bqapvxy.png

vT60Jt0.png

IkW4Mzx.png

9F86xKW.png

https://s18.postimg.org/px14m903d/Coop-20170407-100830.png

Edited by Medis

57 minutes ago, Angry Saint said:

Yes, why not?

cool Rorschach test :)

22 hours ago, dobu gabu maru said:

17k so far—it requires extended nodes so no multiplayer testing, sorry! Should be my last DMP contribution.

*writes a note into his notebook... *

of course there will be... smiley.png

Edited by Medis

22 hours ago, MarketAnarchy said:

Waterman

Looks like the midtextures may need to be optimized for the blue colormap, but I'm guessing this is more a test sector than anything. In any case I already like the concept. Look forward to seeing where you go with it!

"Test report: mandatory damage sections are especially annoying when you are already low on health."

I generally abide by the mouldy rule of "sectors should not be 20% damaging unless it's an inescapable pit". Looks cool Eris, fingers crossed that you'll actually finish it!

Thanks, and yeah actually what am I doing I hate 20 damage floors, heh. Not that they apply here but suit leaks infuriate me :P

I made the decision to remove damaging floors from my maps, and all pits have a way out. I'm kind to my players, except for all the monsters I throw at them.

1 hour ago, Empyre said:

I made the decision to remove damaging floors from my maps, and all pits have a way out. I'm kind to my players, except for all the monsters I throw at them.

well, i mean, the enemies are kinda what doom is all about :p

Got a little more work done on my Doom 64 hospital map earlier today. The idea is the further you go through the hospital, the more you find that hell is subverting reality.

6qFcT9O.png

fs2mF7G.png

2DrLRvo.png

X7w7w3X.png

3 hours ago, Piper Maru said:

Got a little more work done on my Doom 64 hospital map earlier today. The idea is the further you go through the hospital, the more you find that hell is subverting reality.

It would be nice if there's a "womb" map part as hell merges with reality, kinda like this but I'm not sure if there are such textures existing from the original Doom 64.

gd21a.png

5 hours ago, Piper Maru said:

Stuff!

So, have you released any of your maps so far? They sure look good...

Bunch of WIPS for various community projects i'm involved:

Qh2RFuH.png

iM1ZAUH.png

xzrTJjB.png

3hmxBFQ.png

plus a little wad i made for testing purpose using a (pretty old) freedoom 1 assets. Eeeww.

AU5cNpX.png

Edited by Walter confetti : new pic added

The reason why is if it was a door you'd be lifting 128 pixels of door up into only 32 pixels of ceiling, meaning your door is sort of 'disappearing into the void'. This is a common 'trait' seen in Doom, but for some it's kind of immersion breaking. :P

You can use a lift (the "down, wait, up, stay" action) to make a wall that slides down instead of up. Not to make a lift that the player will ride up into an upper area.

6 hours ago, Walter confetti said:

Thanks. Unluckily that is a door, you see it better as a lift?

Be wild and free, make it a skydoor.

Maybe it is a door with segments that roll up into a cylinder, rather than all once piece. I would have it go down like you guys, though.

Doesn't look realistic unless it folds like a garage door (you need to imagine it). Else that looks totally stupid in real life.

ud8qpoO.jpg

One way you can explain it is that the doors in Doom are so technologically advanced that their upper part disappear when it goes into the ceiling due to some technology. 

My mom recently moved back from New Orleans, and with her came a bunch of my old junk. Among the boxes I trudged up this gem which I forgot I even had:

It came bundled with a CD copy of Shadow of the Serpent Riders an uncle of mine had in a box filled with old DOS games I dug through about 10 years ago. It's actually the only reason I own Heretic at all, as at the time I had no way to buy it on Steam if it was even on there back then, which I doubt. The book is mostly useless, containing vague descriptions of where you need to go in levels that is poorly organized into broad blocks of text instead of an easy to use point by point description, so you have to skim the whole thing til you find the part of the map you need. It does feature some decent wireframe maps for reference. Other than that it is only good for hilariously bad old english that is sprinkled throughout the book.

Edited by NecrumWarrior

10 hours ago, Eris Falling said:

Clearly I'm at the height of my mapping career. This somehow stemmed from the 3ha3 TNS session recently, rofl

2kPHoJH.png

Depressing.