Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

On 22/05/2017 at 6:51 PM, Da Werecat said:

I don't believe you.

Believe it, it's happening:

kzpJldml.png

Translating monsters to other monsters? Neat.

Oh, you're probably all going to groan and think "fuck off already jeez", but the aspect ratio in those Mario levels could perhaps be adjusted :P (if you take me seriously at all (haha who am I kidding), you should use 0.875 pixelratio in MAPINFO, makes it the same as NES/SNES)

B-but, the Mario graphics used as textures and sprites look wrong! :P

Actually, come to think of it, you could use the normal 1.2 pixelratio and make the 16x16 Mario blocks into 32x24, setting the texture res in UDMF to 0.5 horizontally and 0.667 vertically, with the textures/sprites at native res rather than prescaled to 2x nearest neighbor.

Furthermore, it doesn't matter and I'm just being silly! :D

8 hours ago, fraggle said:

Thing I've been working on.

KvyYfTa.jpg

A Dehacked Python module?

Thanks Eris, proving I don't have a single original bone in my body ;D Also moved my attention to how unrealistically fat my tree trunks are.

QO0boaU.png

Ool1YwD.png

Really digging all these Mayhem shots - the Mario textures work beautifully.

1 hour ago, Crunchynut44 said:

Also moved my attention to how unrealistically fat my tree trunks are.

stop body-shaming

10 minutes ago, roadworx said:

stop body-shaming

*Also moved my attention to how unrealistically plus-sized my tree trunks are

10 hours ago, Gez said:

A Dehacked Python module?

Yes. It's so much nicer being able to express dehacked changes in the form of code rather than clicking through a UI or trying to type up a raw dehacked file. By the way, please enjoy this ridiculous dehacked patch which I'm calling "Invasion of the Candles".

From Zombie Survival on a ZDaemon server last night. One specific thing that I'm realizing I like is seeing 'function' textures repurposed in purely decorative contexts, such as sector furniture. Makes for cool little moments of recognition. 

bmJNDca.png

lpQzQzj.png

Would have been funny to see the wheels fashioned from stock textures such as the ones below -- very tacky, although that would be par for the course :D. 

Spoiler

KXjnVVI.png

Edited by rdwpa : typo

6 minutes ago, rdwpa said:

Would have been funny to see the wheels fashioned from stock textures too, very tacky :D. 

Like in THT Threnody's "Fightnancial Crisis at Enwrong" map.

NVpotAo.png

Ha, that is badass. I love quirky little things like this that were common 10-15 years ago, they don't do it nearly enough, anymore.

Guest Unregistered account
7 hours ago, rdwpa said:

Would have been funny to see the wheels fashioned from stock textures such as the ones below -- very tacky, although that would be par for the course :D. 

Hide contents

KXjnVVI.png

Swastika-laden wheels for the pimp nazi in you.

12 hours ago, Gez said:

Guess who did those :P It surprises me to see my year old stuff suddenly appear here

Edited by NinjaLiquidator : bad syntax

11 hours ago, Gez said:

Lego detailing at its best. Or worst.

14 hours ago, Breezeep said:

jkQ9cwu.png

Decent progress on this area tonight...

Stop being inherently better than the rest of us!

Guest Unregistered account
4 hours ago, anotak said:

lilith.pk3

i'm gonna be making a thread about this project soon (???). things are falling apart nicely

click for larger

Floppy Disk Under a Magnet Doom?

Ingenious.

This is a few months old and totally unfinished, but why not share it? This is not for a project, I just did it for fun.

wf9Zb4T.png

20 minutes ago, Dragonfly said:

Inspired by the doom alpha hud?

Not just inspired by, it's an edit. A heavy edit, mind you, but an edit nevertheless.

The color scheme is influenced by the final game's automap colors, and the goal was to try to get as much space for the game window as possible without losing too much of the helmet. The bars on the sides are meant to be health/armor bars. Upper left would contain inventory/ammo info, upper right would be automap. Lower right would be all of your most recent messages (like the press release beta, just that it doesn't go away), lower left would be misc info.

I sourced elements from both the 0.2 and 0.3 versions of the HUD (they are actually rather different from one another).

20 minutes ago, Dragonfly said:

Looks nice. :)

Thanks. :)

One thing that I'm not even remotely satisfied with is the mouth guard thingy, I increased its size to match the larger view window, but the texture was hastily done by copy-pasting unscaled bits because any attempt at scaling it looked bad.