Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

5 hours ago, Phade102 said:

WAY better, very nice. still a bit of flatness on the upper tiers, but damn, its looking rreally nice!

Remember @leodoom85 that one of the best ways to give an area more depth is to apply different light levels to each tier of floor. IMO the map would pop more if the areas furthest from the player were darkest and slowly increased in light value as it reached the player area. That way the "flatness" won't stick out as much.

Just now, dobu gabu maru said:

Remember @leodoom85 that one of the best ways to give an area more depth is to apply different light levels to each tier of floor. IMO the map would pop more if the areas furthest from the player were darkest and slowly increased in light value as it reached the player area. That way the "flatness" won't stick out as much.

The brightness in general is 184 units, the 3D sectors have 160 and the central structure has 144...hmm, maybe decreasing it by 16 units might work...

I think large brown tree looks rather funny when spammed so much. It's not really the sprite to use when you want to create an authentic forest look. It is way too freaky and its peculiarities become 10 times more obvious when you see like a hundred copies of it.

Doom running on a  SGI Indigo 2

15450848525_adfc4efb7a_k.jpg

Looks like the MaXX desktop.

Edited by axdoomer : my friend has just shown me the MaXX desktop today

Still working on this, even after an all nighter. If the end result didn't excite me so much I would have given up on this hours ago haha!

95587bc5a54134489388b86518162877.png

b498ad104a1be542f46956ad908714cf.jpg

I really wish GZDoom's dynamic lights cast lights on 3D models :P

58 minutes ago, rf` said:

0wHWjPHl.png

rtpuB2Ol.png

KdWhW6ql.png

edbT5gml.png

Progress continues.

Those textures look INCREDIBLE. is that...Hocus Pocus?

20 hours ago, Eris Falling said:

And some proper pictures:

dRcCRvF.png

Those black tiles remind me of charcoal.

46 minutes ago, rf` said:

@Dragonfly What is that for? It looks amazing.

Its the first world from spyro the dragon.

7 hours ago, rf` said:

@Dragonfly What is that for? It looks amazing.

I intend for it to become a bonus map in Skulldash, but I may release it as standalone with some other modelrips from other classic games. Depends what I can get my hands on and ultimately if I have the motivation, I suppose. :)

13 hours ago, Dragonfly said:

I intend for it to become a bonus map in Skulldash, but I may release it as standalone with some other modelrips from other classic games. Depends what I can get my hands on and ultimately if I have the motivation, I suppose. :)

I would play Spyrodoom.

I was going to say "I wish I could like things ten times over," but then I remembered that I already have liked the dev shots of this area many times ^^

<3 Dragonfly you make some awesome stuff; idk if you're calling that area a 'finished product' at this point or not, but damn that's both impressive and beautiful!

14 minutes ago, rf` said:

I would play Spyrodoom.

My main issue with making SpyroDoom a thing is just how intricate the geometry is in terms of reproducing it in doom. Artisans world is incredibly undulous in it's terrain and, honestly, so is most of Spyro.

I certainly won't be recreating every single level - toooo much work, for sure. I could pick and choose select levels that I think would translate well into doom maps. (For example, Metalhead would be a good level, whereas Tree Tops would not.)

Also, due to the insane amount of slope work it's not well suited to doom - the player slips and slides everywhere, and the enemies sometimes get 'lodged' into the grooves between some of the sharper angle changes.

12 minutes ago, Fonze said:

I was going to say "I wish I could like things ten times over," but then I remembered that I already have liked the dev shots of this area many times ^^

<3 Dragonfly you make some awesome stuff; idk if you're calling that area a 'finished product' at this point or not, but damn that's both impressive and beautiful!

Thank you very, very much for the flattering comments Fonze - you're always supporting the maps I make. I really, really appreciate the constant motivation. :D

14 hours ago, Dragonfly said:

My main issue with making SpyroDoom a thing is just how intricate the geometry is in terms of reproducing it in doom. Artisans world is incredibly undulous in it's terrain and, honestly, so is most of Spyro.

Well of course, the geometry is quite complex. However if you're just making a mod in roughly the same style you don't have to copy things over 100%. Some sacrifice can be made to complexity for playability.

That would involve heavily messing with the actual model rip, and with the way the textures are applied in Spyro that would be harder work! :P I've got ideas in mind, but for now (once this map is complete) my main goal is to have the expansion pack ready for release for Skulldash - I plan on releasing it on the 2 year anniversary of Skulldash's original release in 2015. :)

EDIT: Thought I'd post more progress:

I've made a custom texture or two to allow for 'doom style gameplay' and to let the level have areas that are locked off and become accessible later:

0441bb9cdd0dca23c390fb052509e7ca.png

07be14273b2c11bceb1f4f3081b7f72a.png

Sorry for the double post but I need to make a PSA of sorts - CHECK OUT ERADROP'S SKIES NOW.

I neglected to take a look at the animated skies despite saying I would - what a mistake to make, take a look at the below test:

0ce26c1d91e5d094695701483c413590.gif

Please don't like my post - like Eradrop's. I just felt the need to share their hard work.

I think it would be cooler without all the black floating stuff. It doesn't really look good, maybe because the picture is too busy. But nice falling stars obviously.

On 6/7/2017 at 10:16 PM, Dragonfly said:

lol thank god it's a ps1 game, otherwise i would think it'd be near impossible to accurately recreate it in doom

26 minutes ago, Lutz said:

I will need some testers soon.

Castle03.png

I'd be more than happy to test it, it looks awesome. Though, I might not be the best choice as i'm pretty new to testing things.

2 hours ago, roadworx said:

lol thank god it's a ps1 game, otherwise i would think it'd be near impossible to accurately recreate it in doom

Sounds like a challenge... One I might pass up on though. :P

43 minutes ago, Lutz said:

I will need some testers soon.

Count me in, that map looks fantastic!

Damn lutz! that's freaking awesome screenshot

Edited by Eradrop

To me, the orangle garbled mess looks odd in the screenshot, to the point that I expect it to randomly flicker like analog TV static, it probably won't give that impression in the actual game, though. Impressive view in everything else.

1 hour ago, scifista42 said:

To me, the orangle garbled mess looks odd in the screenshot, to the point that I expect it to randomly flicker like analog TV static, it probably won't give that impression in the actual game, though. Impressive view in everything else.

I disagree, but then again I've seen a few churches with almost exactly that design for the stained-glass windows, so I'm probably more used to it.