Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

Old sky I used 2 years ago when I was enhancing Xmas wad. Scrapped ever since I learned new stuff throughout.

It was a sky I found on Google. No longer have it and I tried to search it again, no luck.

Omegalore said:

Old sky I used 2 years ago when I was enhancing Xmas wad. Scrapped ever since I learned new stuff throughout.

I'm not trying to be a jerk or sound like one (this is a legitimate question), but, how many times are you going to tell us that you're enhancing a xmas wad?

KevinHEZ said:

I'm not trying to be a jerk or sound like one (this is a legitimate question), but, how many times are you going to tell us that you're enhancing a xmas wad?

Sorry. I guess I'm that hyped ;^^

Da Werecat said:

In general, mirroring is not a good way to tile a texture. This sky is a good example.

I rarely do that anymore ever since I use HD skies Via GLDEFS' Skybox feature and PNAMES (Unless the tiling may not go well. It's hard to find a good tiling one)

Besides, that sky was old and that was before I learned that much stuff like GLDEFS and most of its other lumps. WAY before I learned those. Back then, it was for Boom compatible. Now it's for GZDoom, Skulltag, and Zandronum. Also, I was meant say 2 years not 3 from my previous replies.

Just some - very WIP - UD map stuff I'm working on. Lotsa vines and marble faces, maybe a botanic center overtaken by Hell to make it have a meaning.

Pretty uninteresting stuff, duh? Now tell me, how many different wall- and flattextures you can spot in this mere screenshot o' mine:

Cell said:

Now tell me, how many different wall- and flattextures you can spot in this mere screenshot o' mine:

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/34c6/bqo86k6zsf3fqr1fg.jpg

12 flats (including 4x DEM1_*), maybe 13 if the grey ceiling flat next to the door is FLAT1.

And 13 textures (I believe that there is at least 1 instance of both GSTONE1 and GSTVINE1), assuming that the fiery texture in the window is just 1 type.

Nice screens, relatively simple and classic-like.

joe-ilya said:

MAP01 for another project I'm working on "10 monsters", it uses only 10 monsters per map.

I'm warning you: Gameplay of such maps is most probably going to be cheap, no matter what kinds of monsters you will use.

joe-ilya said:

MAP01 for another project I'm working on "10 monsters", it uses only 10 monsters per map.

Joe confirmed to be stealing my ideas of making maps with certain amounts of monsters (I picked 50 per map).

Seriously though, that screenshot looks... alright, I suppose. I do think that making 10 monster maps won't work too well, as the maps will likely end up being one room per map.

Jaxxoon R said:

Oh I don't know about that, it looks pretty fun.

Spoiler

It's not WOOO 3 though... ha ha!

WOOO 3 needs to happen.

Breezeep said:

WOOO 3 needs to happen.

Jaxxoon R said:

Spoiler

It's not WOOO 3 though... ha ha!

Soon, I have a plan for what it will be based around...

-

More crap from that NOVA 2 map:

(I dunno)

(I also dunno)

and whilst adding that pointless crap I found myself being watched...

WOOO 3 confirmed?

mrthejoshmon said:

More crap from that NOVA 2 map:

[IMG]
(I dunno)
[IMG]
(I also dunno)

Looking gooooood. Solid architecture and texture use in that first shot which makes any additional detail unnecessary.

[WH]-Wilou84 said:

Dusting off some antique dark/green vaporware maps of mine :

Ooh, I'd forgotten how nicely green and black go together. I've just recently gotten back the mapping itch, so this has truly inspired me.

Unfortunately, it's cutting into the WOOO 2 videos amongst other things.

Had Labyrinth on the mind while I making this one.

Damn, I missed so many great shots, and even the beginning of a new Doom picture thread...!

Anyway, there are no pic threads without K! So, some shots from Claustrophobia: Cybertown, about which I'm gonna make a thread very soon.

Also...

jmickle66666666 said:

inspired me to make something with moving 3d tricks :D

*6mb gif, vanilla compat*
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8943931/gfx/2014/doomcratelif.gif

HOW??? SRSLY, HOW ON EARTH...?

FuzzballFox said:

Damnit Joe just stick to one thing at a time.

STRONGLY agree!

Katamori said:

HOW??? SRSLY, HOW ON EARTH...?

Looks like a giant load of middle textures to me.

[edit]

Looked into the wad - it's more complex than that.