Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

it'd be possible with just midtexes if you were gonna sacrifice the bottom of the crate. interestingly enough the hole in the ceiling was a sacrifice i had to make (i had something different in mind originally) but ended up being a great addition.

Joining the choir here, that looks like pretty cool stuff, BlueFeena. Not sure about that flat transition in the....11th(?) shot, though (the one with part of the hanging dude in the upper left of the shot), it's a mite 'neat.'

purist said:

From personal experience? :-p

Of course! From where else? :P

Nah, seriously, you're right, but still, joe-ilya's definitely annoying with his hyperactivity sometimes, especially because it's obviously combined with negligence against his own maps.

Yeah, I did the same, hell, I'm even sure some people wanted me to get the f&ck out - but I stopped. Though, he's doing the same for God knows, how months, and it's getting too much.

Eris Faling is also hyperactive but he has become goddamn contstrucive after incredibly short time. Heck, that was an actual evolution!

No offense to anyone, but I had to tell it.

Cell said:

One does not simply question why his ranK is "Nescient Member". :P

This.

Gez said:

I'd really suggest having the big H no more than a couple units above (or below, for what it's worth) the rest of the landing pad's floor.

Ah, yes thanks! That would a goddamn critical and important task to do.

BlueFeena said:

Do you like vines? I sure hope so!

Not enough green 0/10

Thank you all for the kind words! Hopefully it'll become a full nine map episode for Doom 1 at some point; I've been working on those maps for a while. Oh, and Demon, I definitely understand what you mean regarding the cleanliness of the flat transitions. I seem to recall changing the floor texture as such in order to keep the visplane count down, although it really shouldn't be a problem to make the floor look more organic.

franckFRAG said:

I'm happy to see that it works on chocolate-doom :)

Silly! That's vanilla! :P

Katamori said:

Not enough green 0/10

:D

I know I said in that other thread that I like FIREBLU but...holy crap dude. (I assume this is for 50 Shades of GREYTALL...though I'm not sure what that DOORYEL fragment is floating there for.)

Most of what I'm seeing in this thread looks really impressive.. I really like the stuff durian and mrthejoshmon posted, but it all looks damn good.

Here's my latest, both coop and DM stuff:

Frankly, I don't think that the earliest rifle sprites should be used in serious projects. It's almost obvious that they weren't properly finished - look at the handguard.

Obsidian said:

Looking snazzy Doomkid. Vanilla, I take it?

Yep, it's all nilla format :)

Da Werecat said:

Frankly, I don't think that the earliest rifle sprites should be used in serious projects. It's almost obvious that they weren't properly finished - look at the handguard.

Even after editing it multiple times, I've never noticed how oversized it is.. Wow. Might use a different sprite next time around.

Little bit OFF: meanwhile, I checked jmickle's vanilla 3D experiment from the previous page, and I have to say, it's as creative and amazing as simple!

Doomkid said:

Even after editing it multiple times, I've never noticed how oversized it is.. Wow.

I meant that the handguard is just two black stripes.

Katamori said:

Eris Faling is also hyperactive but he has become goddamn contstrucive after incredibly short time. Heck, that was an actual evolution!

Not even kidding, you're confusing me with someone else.

Eris Falling said:

Not even kidding, you're confusing me with someone else.

I'm not joking pal, I swear you have become actually interesting for me. Also, you're obviously hyperactive - I checked and your profile is far the youngest among the top100 posters of this forum. Everyone else even above 3000 posts are registered way before 2012.

Not a problem though, because as I mentioned, you make things which are actually worth to check IMO.

I thought you meant in terms of mapping, which would be odd given I've only released three and they're all quite bad IMO.
Don't remind me of my old posts >_<

An attacking chaingunner, appearing to dance around on the spot from certain angles. Note also one frame of the loop is not bright.