Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

Gez said:

Are you going to make a full set?

Probably not, but anyone who wants to do so is free to use that image as a base.

The red marine's legs are seriously blending with the grass. I needed a very close look to find out that he's actually jumping and waving his legs backwards, but none of them is obscured by his body.

working on a couple of generic monsters, they are meant to be a base for other people to edit (a sort of alternative to the overused baron and imp sprites)

they where edited from freedoom sprites, but are not for freedoom. The flames where done by agaures

still a work in progress

Linguica said:

http://i.imgur.com/mCbl2fg.png

Ah, I love it, despite the facial expression being a little off..

It's a little surreal, but "pixelated" is slowly just disappearing from the common knowledge field, and soon it'll just be a word in the dictionary.

LigH said:

* does not think, only drools *

jmickle66666666 said:

toxie those shots are baller as hell

Thanks guys. I'm also open to criticisms if anyone has any.

raymoohawk said:

working on a couple of generic monsters, they are meant to be a base for other people to edit (a sort of alternative to the overused baron and imp sprites)

http://i1372.photobucket.com/albums/ag334/raymoohawk/baronedsoldier207_zpsodrpz4qn.gif

They look great. You're right, Imp and Baron/HK could use some alternative designs.

@Jaxxoon R: Looks interesting and surprisingly not bad at all!

Stromfuchs said:

Few pics of this has already been posted here.

This is new room I just assembled.
[IMG]

Borders! BORDERS UPON BORDERS!

Heh. Nice shot you've got there, but make sure the borders don't hamper movement or make traversing the room too bumpy: that way irksome gameplay lies. Like I said though, excellent stuff. :)

Worry no. Those trims only placed at side of the rooms. So you don't bump that much, only when entering a new room/area. Or if anything, like the newbie mapper I am, I say it's a feature to make gameplay harder.

Right, anyway if it gonna be too bumpy I'll make sure to raise floors to the height of those trims.

I can see slopes (or aren't they slopes?) on Stromfuchs's screenshots, therefore it's probably a Zdoom mapset, and bumpy floors are strongly less nauseating in ZDoom than in other ports, which should make them acceptable.

Stromfuchs said:

Or if anything, like the newbie mapper I am, I say it's a feature to make gameplay harder.

I used to do that!

Ahem. On that note, is this your first map? Because big ups to you if it is.

scifista42 said:

I can see slopes

Yeah there are slopes, I am using many of them everywhere on the map, and right it's for zdoom.

Obsidian said:

On that note, is this your first map?

Very first. But after half-life this is just another technique to make fancy rooms. Actually at some point it's more easy to make a fully detailed room in no time. Also no leaks.

Stromfuchs said:

Few pics of this has already been posted here.

This is new room I just assembled.

Anyone in charge of Health & Saftey in that techbase?

Thats a lawsuit waiting to happen

Stromfuchs said:

That gave me an idea. I gonna make all those sectors damage the player.

Heh. Well at least it has hazard warning stripes.

Stromfuchs said:

That gave me an idea. I gonna make all those sectors damage the player.

Well, it would be both nonsensical and annoying, I guess. I don't think it's a good idea.

scifista42 said:

I don't think it's a good idea.

Of course it's not. It was a joke, since sure would make the map annoying, frustrating and such.

scifista42 said:

Well, it would be both nonsensical and annoying, I guess. I don't think it's a good idea.

Indeed. He would feel like Freddie Frinton hitting the tiger's head each time a course is cleared.

scifista42 said:

What exactly is incorrect?

Tripping hazard just in front of stairs, an easy way to break your bones when you aren't a videogame character that is physically incapable of losing balance.

Doomguy celebrates christmass!

#Doom #Selfie #Christmass #home #photobomb #shotgun #Torches-in-a-house-made-of-wood #nipples