Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

^ Oh wow i really like it. This looks very dreary, monotonous and depressing but at the same time kinda beautiful.

@Stromfuchs: Great detailing, nice and coherent colour theme. I just hope that your maps won't consist merely of crawling hallways. That would be boring. The more interesting and memorable architecture you have, the better. :)

Worry not, I gonna make outdoor areas as well. Map on the linked pictures going to have some too. Also trying to have bigger rooms to have space for bigger battles. So it's not just hallways everywhere.

I'm really liking those shots and the weapon sprites, however which weapon is the one with the wires showing supposed to be?

Avoozl said:

I'm really liking those shots and the weapon sprites, however which weapon is the one with the wires showing supposed to be?

Well it's called Mass Driver (friend made it and gave the name) and basically a really strong railgun replacing the BFG.

Hmm, I noticed that whenever I look at your screenshots, my eyes instantly fixate just on the yellow hazard stripes and that's all I see. Everything else feels like background that doesn't matter much. I don't know, maybe it's just me but I feel like they steal the show too much. Maybe try using some different design elements that would stand out? Or less gray. o,o

Memfis said:

Hmm, I noticed that whenever I look at your screenshots, my eyes instantly fixate just on the yellow hazard stripes and that's all I see. Everything else feels like background that doesn't matter much.

I feel similarly, but I don't consider it a bad thing, in fact I think that it can be a good thing. When I look away from the stripes, I can see very nice detail. I can imagine that in the game, my primary attention might be attracted by the stripes, but I'd (at least) semi-consciously perceive the visual greatness of the rest of the architecture, and that'd be enough to make me feel good about the map regarding its visuals.

Stromfuchs said:

Well it's called Mass Driver (friend made it and gave the name) and basically a really strong railgun replacing the BFG.

im thinking i should make it have altfire, that is a sleek BFG blast. right now its pretty much just a really loud railgun copy lol. just need to get the balance right

Delicious tech bases with new assets. Inject it into my veins directly please.

a monster im working on for freedoom, inspired by vaders terminator. working on this guy has been a royal pain in the ass. ill probably replace the shoulder cannon with something better looking

do you guys think i should try to add reflections on the metal parts kind of how the cyberdemon has?

raymoohawk said:

do you guys think i should try to add reflections on the metal parts kind of how the cyberdemon has?

I would say go for it.

raymoohawk said:

a monster im working on for freedoom, inspired by vaders terminator. working on this guy has been a royal pain in the ass. ill probably replace the shoulder cannon with something better looking

http://i1372.photobucket.com/albums/ag334/raymoohawk/octaminator10_zpsjrf67dgu.gif

I know about people putting effort and will into making the old freedoom sprites... But this seriously beats the living hell out of its current monsters. (°_°)

Been watching the progress of those monsters, and I have to say really good work with them so far. I could use them on my map.