Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

AD_79 said:

http://i.imgur.com/JPGAJy0.png

Another shot of the same area, it seems that "red, yellow and purple" is the theme for this.

Now to actually make more maps :^)

Looking at this shot - it's really nice. Did you simply modify the PLAYPAL colour palette lump to remove blue in favour for purple?

Afterglow said:

This room would look really great if you completely darken it and shadowcast light through this lattice across the floor. Maybe change the shallow brick to a deeper stone/cobblestone flat.

Damn, that would look awesome. I'll have to consider it for sure.

Dragonfly said:

Looking at this shot - it's really nice. Did you simply modify the PLAYPAL colour palette lump to remove blue in favour for purple?

I actually replaced all the greens and then colour remapped blues in sprites to red, purple, etc.

Memfis said:

Yellow lamp alignment = wtf?

They scroll downwards, it looks better in motion.

'OminousSetPiece.EXE initialized...'

I think for an outdoor area I'm quite happy with it. (image hyperlinked for high-res goodness)

Nice, only diagonal flats look wrong. Considered rotating the whole area? Or using flats where diagonal stuff isn't so noticeable.

Eris Falling said:

Nice. Is this still for the megawad?

Yep it sure is. This'll be the 20th map.

Memfis said:

Nice, only diagonal flats look wrong. Considered rotating the whole area? Or using flats where diagonal stuff isn't so noticeable.

Yea I see that, but it's in a spot where the player can't see it anyways. However, rotating this area is probably impossible anyways at this stage of development.

AD_79 said:

I dunno, just messing around right now, I'm bored!

You woke me up, thanks! Now I remember the sci-fi novel by Karl-Heinz Tuschel named "Der purpurne Planet" (The purple planet), located in a system around a star with distinct purple color, mentioning some strange psychological effects on humans used to a rather yellow sun ("purple euphoria" causing complete exhaust).

Dave The Daring said:

It could use a lot greater light contrast, otherwise good.

@Rayzik: Looks good! The background sky is fitting more than well. I don't really mind the badly rotated flats. Anyway, if you wanted to fix at least some of them without rotating the entire area, you would make/find a rotated version of the flat graphic and use it + adjust position of vertices, and if this wasn't easily possible for some of the flats, you would just use a different, non-tiling flat.

scifista42 said:

It could use a lot greater light contrast, otherwise good.

The light and shadow sectors are all laid down, I'm just waiting until the entire layout is finished before I set the actual brightness for each sector, as I want to get a consistent light and shadow effect across the whole map. My Nova 2 map was criticised for not having consistent lighting levels (too bright in some areas and too dark in others), so I want to make sure it's done properly this time.

scifista42 said:

@Rayzik: Looks good! The background sky is fitting more than well. I don't really mind the badly rotated flats. Anyway, if you wanted to fix at least some of them without rotating the entire area, you would make/find a rotated version of the flat graphic and use it + adjust position of vertices, and if this wasn't easily possible for some of the flats, you would just use a different, non-tiling flat.

I thought about that too, but I went ahead and changed it to the black marble floor texture anyways.

Hey all!

So, you've seen countless screenshots of Skulldash in this thread. It's finally time for you to play it!

I've just posted a thread so whenever you're ready, go check it out!

Here, have one last treetop screenshot. :)

Nice lift here...

Also, just by chance, these two obituaries came up within seconds of each other :P

Not quite Doom related, but close enough, I suppose.

This is the shotgun from Zero Tolerance, spiffied up by me.

Sodaholic said:

Not quite Doom related, but close enough, I suppose.

This is the shotgun from Zero Tolerance, spiffied up by me.

http://i.imgur.com/RyMNEAr.png

Lookin' good!

FireFish said:

Messing around with the color pallete. I kind of like this one.. everything looks dead.

http://i.imgur.com/lJo9JGD.png

http://i.imgur.com/ndQEuYq.png

http://i.imgur.com/P5Z0mi8.png

I love how the monsters look, I don't like the fireballs at all though. Perhaps change the actual balls to be a new colour, purple perhaps? :D

joe-ilya said:

Joe is having a drink, dont get to drunk though. ;p

edit ;

Dragonfly said:

I love how the monsters look, I don't like the fireballs at all though. Perhaps change the actual balls to be a new colour, purple perhaps? :D

I would have to remap or manually recolor the balls to do that. For now i am (at times) adjusting the pallete.