Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

HOLY SHIT TANGO I'M LEARNING NODE.JS EXACTLY RIGHT NOW! I can't believe it.

Can you provide a source code, or at the very least some help? I'm extremely stuck.

TraceOfSpades said:

"Too monochromatic"

Hurrhurrhurrhurrr

You can stop that any time you feel like it.

@Doom Dude, cool shot :) and thanks! yeah I uhh am only accounting for png and jpg right now so some images are getting saved as png when they're actually supposed to be gifs. definitely on the list of fixes haha

Katamori said:

HOLY SHIT TANGO I'M LEARNING NODE.JS EXACTLY RIGHT NOW! I can't believe it.

Can you provide a source code, or at the very least some help? I'm extremely stuck.

ahhh awesome! very cool man. I started learning it a few months ago but everything I've done in the past month or so has been exclusively front end work, so it took me a lot of searching stack overflow (and the node docs) to get things up and running this morning. I am going to do some work on the code tonight (ie now) and groom it till it's a bit more presentable, but my goal is to have it up on github by the end of the night. are you curious how something like this is done, or were you just looking for node help in general?

edit: put the (ugly) source code up on github: https://github.com/oksas/dw-scraper

Anyway, some random exercises. I'm actually getting half-decent at visuals lately. That surprised me. I thought I'd be Doomed to suck at them forever.

Some utter nonsense in an exercise from December (I think) for comparison:

http://i.imgur.com/S8MXrRx.png

In b4 "You still suck." Yeah buddy I'll slap you silly with the butt of my SSG.

Jimmy said:

You can stop that any time you feel like it.

Good thing I have a choice.

While I make up my mind, change your avatar. It's too monochromatic.

Pro tip: When you want to see something change, take the direct approach. Nobody gets anywhere by passive aggressive suggestion.

TraceOfSpades said:

TraceOfSpades said:

"Too monochromatic"

Hurrhurrhurrhurrr

TraceOfSpades said:

Good thing I have a choice.

While I make up my mind, change your avatar. It's too monochromatic.

Pro tip: When you want to see something change, take the direct approach. Nobody gets anywhere by passive aggressive suggestion.

Give it a rest.

Avoozl said:

At first I thought I was looking at a pixelated Return to Castle Wolfenstein, those shots look pretty good.

Exactly. Dragonfly did some fine works in there. These pictures certainly remind me the good old RtCW. Good job. :)

By the way, speaking of monochromatic level, I decided to put some green in my ultra-monochromatic level:

Avoozl said:

At first I thought I was looking at a pixelated Return to Castle Wolfenstein, those shots look pretty good.

I guess you kind of are! It's my contribution for the WolfenDoom: Blade of Agony project which is lead by Tormentor667.

scifista42 said:

Impressive! The sprites in the last screenshot pretty much ruin the scene, though, specially the armored figurines with no rotations.

Thanks for the compliment. This is a secret area, so the 'coins and treasure' is a collectible bonus item which acts as currency. The statues could be replaced by models at some point, but I personally won't be modelling those. Thanks for the critique.

Tango said:

awesome tool in the works

I like it! Keep it up. Perhaps you could add tick-box options next to the button, such as 'don't load display pictures'. Also, in your screenshot of the tool, it seems green is the new brown.

antares031 said:

Exactly. Dragonfly did some fine works in there. These pictures certainly remind me the good old RtCW. Good job. :)

By the way, speaking of monochromatic level, I decided to put some green in my ultra-monochromatic level:

http://puu.sh/mSVaj/0a8b807ddb.png

Thank you antares031! :D

As always, your style is strong and looks pretty damn awesome! I'm looking forward to when your project is finished.

those look really cool, FractalXX and antares031 :D

Dragonfly said:

I like it! Keep it up. Perhaps you could add tick-box options next to the button, such as 'don't load display pictures'. Also, in your screenshot of the tool, it seems green is the new brown.

thanks :) your Wolfendoom screenshots are awesome, by the way! as for the tool, having a load button there is actually only planned to be temporary; ideally I want an infinite scroller, but I was a little confused about the best way to go about making requests to the server for more images. I think it's a much simpler problem than I was making it out to be, but storing image data in a db rather than just a "temporary" object in JS would probably help haha. and speaking of color I actually would really love to be able to filter images by color, among other things like author, and post date, etc. when you say display pictures, are you talking about things like the avatar images? those shouldn't even be there in the first place, ideally; I definitely need to make some adjustments to how it filters images so it doesn't pick those up too...

Tango said:

that looks really cool! where are those textures from?

The wall textures are modified versions of N_STNE21, don't remember which texture wad that's from, and the gray floor tiles in the septagon are from Espi's Suspended In Dusk.

FractalXX said:

http://i.imgur.com/RBb4zF8.jpg

Just messing around with Hunter's Moon and a new project I've been making for it for about a year, or so.

And to think I actually thought that was Quake III Arena lol, it looks so close that it's easy to mistake it as the actual game.

Just found this amid some boxes, I was wondering where it went.

I don't even remember whose signatures those are. Looks like John Romero, Tom Hall, Shawn Green, Jay Wilbur(?), and... a fifth guy I can't really decipher? Kevin Cloud maybe?

I had a snowday, but the snow didn't last long.

While I was outside, I made a Snow Cacodemon:

Not the best, I know. Ignore the bark. Grass didn't had much snow.

AD_79 said:

guess who else is fucking with palettes???

Oh my, why I didn't updated my Slade before? The palette thing is fun as hell!

I tried this:
(large amount of pictures)

Scythe X:

Spoiler

Estranged:
Spoiler

PCCP:
Spoiler

Coffee Break (without the plutonia sky):
Spoiler

Download (with extra fixes)

This week on stupid weird shit I do when I'm bored:

18:03:48  <Malfunction>	i can't believe i wrote the entirety of malfunction in keys
18:04:02  <Malfunction>	i could as well write gordon freeman's thesis next
18:04:24  <Malfunction>	i'm gonna do it once i find a big enough space
My fingers hurt now. I will never write in keys ever again.

Noiser said:

Oh my, why I didn't updated my Slade before? The palette thing is fun as hell!

I tried this:

Oh I'm a huge fan of this. Might have to use this palette somewhere.

For some reason I have real trouble palette editing in Doom. Which is weird since I was pretty good at it with Lunar Magic back in the day, must have been since at least in SMW you could see the effects in realtime.