Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

Looks good. I actually experimented with green->cyan palette too. Will the cyan liquid be damaging like nukage or non-damaging like water? Also, does the new purple range replace yellow (or blue), and if so, how do you correct the sprites that use yellow, and if not, how do you correct yellow (or blue) color of the doors on automap in PrBoom-plus?

scifista42 said:

Looks good. I actually experimented with green->cyan palette too. Will the cyan liquid be damaging like nukage or non-damaging like water? Also, does the new purple range replace yellow (or blue), and if so, how do you correct the sprites that use yellow, and if not, how do you correct yellow (or blue) color of the doors on automap in PrBoom-plus?

Thankyou! Yes it is damaging like nukage.

I haven't replaced yellow (yet), but I did not consider the auto-map. I tend not to use it so you have given me something to think about. Ill be doing a lot of experimenting with the current palette as it's really only a draft at the moment, so ill have to get back to you on that.

Some really cool stuff as usual here!

This might be ready for the next week... If everything goes well, but of course it won't :)

Piper Maru said:

No, I can't say that I ever was. Why do you ask?

It's a forum I used to frequent, and there was a guy on there that had the exact same avatar as you do now, and I believe his name on there was also Piper.

TraceOfSpades said:

It's a forum I used to frequent, and there was a guy on there that had the exact same avatar as you do now, and I believe his name on there was also Piper.

It's just coincidence I guess. I've never posted on Rotteneggs.com before, I've never heard of that place before. I used to post on another forum using this username, but that was ages ago.

Piper Maru said:

It's just coincidence I guess. I've never posted on Rotteneggs.com before, I've never heard of that place before. I used to post on another forum using this username, but that was ages ago.

It was a pretty cool site in it's hay day. It was a site all about DIY projects, pranks, and urban exploration stories/photos. It was a point based site. Like, I once posted an "Egg" (an instructional guide, prank idea, or exploration story) explaining how to make a safer version of something that has a tendency to injure people who are too stupid to know how to properly handle it. A lot of people liked it and gave 5/5 star ratings. Those high ratings gave me X amount of points per rating, which allowed me to "level up", which allowed me access to various parts of the sites unavailable to new members or members who didn't regularly post good material.

That was "version 2" of the site..."Version 3" is absolute shit and nothing like "version 2", so I stopped going.

TraceOfSpades said:

It was a pretty cool site in it's hay day. It was a site all about DIY projects, pranks, and urban exploration stories/photos. It was a point based site. Like, I once posted an "Egg" (an instructional guide, prank idea, or exploration story) explaining how to make a safer version of something that has a tendency to injure people who are too stupid to know how to properly handle it. A lot of people liked it and gave 5/5 star ratings. Those high ratings gave me X amount of points per rating, which allowed me to "level up", which allowed me access to various parts of the sites unavailable to new members or members who didn't regularly post good material.

That was "version 2" of the site..."Version 3" is absolute shit and nothing like "version 2", so I stopped going.

Sounds like a pretty cool site, I'll check it out.

@Simon666 - I like the sky overall, but it seems too dithered which gives it an odd textured feel, less like sky. The scene as a whole looks great though!

I know this sort of thinking holds no place in Doom, but I look at the bodies that are hanging 10 - 20 meters up in the air 'How did they get there?', haha.

Gaspe, awesome looking shot! :)