Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

scifista42 said:

Then straferun only until reaching the point where you leap off the cliff to the exit. I mean on the ground, on the stairs, and on the platform before the last moment when you leap to the exit.

Was straferunning on the ground, but the rest would be hard for me without spending more time than I would want to practicing it.

Ha, that toilet spawner's pretty neat! Did you use a scroll floor/conveyor belt somewhere?

I like the seamless transition of the second gif, during a health pickup XD

It should be vice versa. Flushing a toilet with an imp in it should remove the imp, not spawn one into an empty toilet.

scifista42 said:

It should be vice versa. Flushing a toilet with an imp in it should remove the imp, not spawn one into an empty toilet.

Always applying too much logic haha ^^

I liked the way the rocket popped back out like a floater in the first gif, immature, sure, but hilarious nonetheless.

Finally taking the time to work with custom textures (CC4 pack of course). Couple of small finished speed maps... colour palette from Jiffy Bag :D

Looks really nice and clean Crunchynut44. I think that the LITE5 light ceiling you have in your 3rd shot looks a little bit off to me, but everything else looks great.

I see my Tyrian/Doom palette from Jiffy Bag being used there. :P Bear in mind that you might have to replace a few graphics like the BLOOD flats and the FIREWALL textures which kinda look like ass under that palette.

Also, maybe credit jmickle66666666 for the initial idea of combining Tyrian color ranges into the Doom palette.

Jimmy said:

I see my Tyrian/Doom palette from Jiffy Bag being used there. :P Bear in mind that you might have to replace a few graphics like the BLOOD flats and the FIREWALL textures which kinda look like ass under that palette.

Also, maybe credit jmickle66666666 for the initial idea of combining Tyrian color ranges into the Doom palette.

Oops sorry Well spotted haha! Don't worry I didn't plan on using it, it's just a place holder whilst im working on my own (I actually forgot about it being on there too tbh). I tested out a few to try and get a feel for what im looking for. It's by far the best palette I have seen imo.

BloodyAcid said:

Ha, that toilet spawner's pretty neat! Did you use a scroll floor/conveyor belt somewhere?

Yep, one voodoo doll conveyor for every toilet, and an additional scrolling floor for the ones that eject something.

Here is the wad, which has been tweaked a bit since I last posted it: http://www.mediafire.com/download/3c5mrxbw4gyxb28/Dumplet_v3.wad

HMP is the intended default -- the "true experience" as it were. UV adds more meanness. Music is from Crumpets. -complevel 9, etc.

Thanks, DeathevokatioN.

I failed a bit in terms of going for full blockout first, I guess I am allergic to having just a bunch of totally non detailed rooms lying around ;3;

I however managed to not go full out quite yet and I would say of what I got so far 50% of the basic level geometry is done, red key route works. Now I just need to do what's behind the red key door, aka end of the level, and then some non-essential exploration parts and detailing.

Some new shots and current map layout.

A few new screens (From work mostly done this week):

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Also, really neat screens there crunchy :D

Can't wait to play this ^^

ptoing is showing so much I won't even have to play the map when it's released! Maybe that's a good thing.

Thankyou man! They also look incredible, particularly the cavern containing the waterfalls, looks very atmospheric.

I like your style ptoing, it's quite unique. I'm looking forward to playing the result of that map!

kuchitsu said:

ptoing is showing so much I won't even have to play the map when it's released! Maybe that's a good thing.

:O (takes note to show less in the future) And the map is maybe 50-60% done in terms of layout, and maybe 40% in terms of detailing. So hopefully you'll still have reason to play it once it is done.

Da Werecat said:

Looks like stripey design is back.

Haha, I had no idea this was a thing. I just went with the flow and did whatever came up in my mind :D

Well, with the way texturing works in Doom (you can't scale textures to fit walls) it's easier to use stripey textures for walls of arbitrary length. So it makes sense.

CC4 maps in particular tend to look like that, because CC4 has a lot of such textures.

Da Werecat said:

Well, with the way texturing works in Doom (you can't scale textures to fit walls) it's easier to use stripey textures for walls of arbitrary length. So it makes sense.

CC4 maps in particular tend to look like that, because CC4 has a lot of such textures.

Ah, I see. Thanks for clarifying this for me. Now that you mention it, cc4 does indeed have a lot of these textures.

scifista42 said:

I think it works. The imps coming out are basically acting like floaters. They were stuck in with all that brown muck, you flush, and they float up again. Makes total sense.

scifista42 said:

It's a fucking Imp in a toilet- stop making a big deal about it.

Anyway- have some bricks that don't suck at alignment...one would hope.

No tan version because I'm lazy :P

This part of the map was supposed to be in Crucified Dreams or SlaughterDM but I could never wrap it up. So instead it's now 5% of a huge single player level.