Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

Might as well stick with the Underhalls theme, not made alot of progress but still added a few more rooms. I'm struggeling with this map, progress is difficult. Top shot has been re-drawn so many times before. Overall its good looking, but it still need alot more work. See where this map goes.

floatRand said:

Hella cool.

http://i.imgur.com/BLCW8LF.jpg

Still working on 'Judecca'. The tower looks perhaps slightly goofy. Kinda like those jester hats.
Also a webm ( ~9MB ) for those curious about the map. No monsters so far...

Holy crap, the imposing scale of that giant gear structure is really evident in the webm. Sets an incredibly intimidating mood.

^^^^

You're doing good work, floatrand.

Also, if you don't mind, may I suggest a better snow texture for you?

(right click + save image as)

esselfortium said:

Holy crap, the imposing scale of that giant gear structure is really evident in the webm. Sets an incredibly intimidating mood.

i think the music makes it all the more better, it just has a sort of 'epic adventure' sort-of feel.

FuzzballFox said:

Messing about with HUD numbers...I dunno :P

i actually have a question: would it be possible to make the numbers on the hud look like this?

or can you not animate anything in the hud? not a joke, legit question

You can define animated graphics with animdefs and use those animations nearly anywhere, so yes, you can animate individual parts on SBARINFO

rf` said:

You can define animated graphics with animdefs and use those animations nearly anywhere, so yes, you can animate individual parts on SBARINFO

oh god

esselfortium said:

Thanks for saying this - I missed the webm link last time I read the post. I have to agree too, what an amazing structure! great work floatRand!

durian said:

Something silly to finish off that room:
<snip>

It took me a couple views to notice the use of SW2SKIN.

Wouldn't that be doable with the use of player dummies, conveyor belts and wr-triggers? Probably stating the obvious here, since you probably already thought about that.

Reminds me of the Star Fox (SNES) final boss. Make him shoot projectiles or scenery into you from his mouth.

The IOS mouth reminds me of the carnival level in Blood. This is actually a really clever and great idea, it should seriously be elaborated on!