Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

Looks cool Dragonfly!
No screenshot-worthy progress on my dmp map to post here though, which is a shame given that it's the same grey/green colour theme :P

Jayextee: Nice. The blue makes nice little contrasts.

Different palette with less colors, more shades. Maybe 8 grey, 4 red and 4 that can be changed for different level themes. Light levels work better, but fewer colors for colored light. Thought background should be more black, easier to see things against it. Still need to have some structures that are not black.

Testing some alternative palette here. Grey and red can be tinted a little different.

Guest Unregistered account
Jayextee said:

We be vanilla all up in this shit.

I love the tall structures and the platforming-looking gameplay setup ~ reminds me of Speed from Plutonia!

Jimi: that looks much easier on the eyes already - I like that level, it reminds me of a Lego city! I assume it's just a test setup, but maybe it could be included in the game somehow? Like, as a secret level or somethin'?

Jimi said:

Different palette with less colors, more shades. Maybe 8 grey, 4 red and 4 that can be changed for different level themes. Light levels work better, but fewer colors for colored light. Thought background should be more black, easier to see things against it. Still need to have some structures that are not black.

hey, you can see things now! /s

but seriously, it looks really good. i can't wait to see the final product :)

My Heretic --> Doom WIP got erased because my PC crashed in the midst of saving the map, so I started fresh. Guess this map now, hint: it's not The Docks!

Jimi said:

Jayextee: Nice. The blue makes nice little contrasts.

Kapanyo said:

I love the tall structures and the platforming-looking gameplay setup ~ reminds me of Speed from Plutonia!

darkreaver said:

Jayextee: awesome stuff!

Thanks, guys! I don't generally go for much in the way of detail, even for a modern vanilla-compatible map set, so I appreciate the compliments.

As for being Plutonia-esque, I'm using the same style of exit pads in this Ultimate Doom mapset, so... yeah. I'm a fan. :D

DaIcemann76 said:

Is that Hell's Maw, by any chance?

Yes, it's Hell's Maw.

The reason I'm asking you guys do you recognize the maps is because I want to change the layout and all, but I make sure my map always feels like the original, that you can always tell "ahh, this is Hell's Maw" and such.

IMO it's kinda impossible to tell while the lighting is not done yet. It can change everything.

Somehow I feel like it would look a lot more attractive if you left the ceiling as is but changed the floor to something almost or completely flat. That mess on the ground is just unpleasant to look at imo. Unless that's actually the theme of the level (is this that phobia project or something?).