Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

On 14/04/2017 at 0:43 AM, Eris Falling said:

Clearly I'm at the height of my mapping career. This somehow stemmed from the 3ha3 TNS session recently, rofl

2kPHoJH.png

I hope I don't have to make a "frexit" map a day...

On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 9:42 PM, Coraline said:

make it its own individual thread. 

yes please :)

Infiltrate u-boat yards, stay in the shadows and find out where all the clues about Thor's Hammer lead you in the end. #boachapter2 #shadowsofthereich
17880668_1303360026406865_52115681437295

swUDxpR.png

Haven't had the chance to map for a few weeks, so I've spent the last hour or so trying to shake off some rust. I'm pretty glad with this new approach to mapping, where I texture/detail one room at a time instead of doing the entire layout first! Boy, that sure saves me a lot of stress nowadays whenever I open up an editor!!

10 minutes ago, RjY said:

Very nice, but with those numbers of lines composing the curves, do be wary of the drawseg limit :)

I'm working hard to respect the limits

HMmjsCkl.jpg

UMtjI50.png

So close, yet so far away...

xHhWsMH.png

What the hell has happened here?

On 4/16/2017 at 5:56 AM, Dutch Doomer said:

Made some more progress lately, so far I've been working on the interior areas only. At the moment not really sure how I want the outside areas to look, I'm playing with some ideas. But its coming along just fine.

[screenshots]

I love the green imps :D I very fondly remember all the recolored monsters in some of your earlier maps, it would be great to see that again

On 20.04.2017 at 2:17 AM, Fonze said:

Work on E1M9 for the Standard E1 Replacement Community Project. Gotta do more stuff to the second screenshot though.

I think the wooden trim on top ruins the theme and color balance of the room. I'm not sure if the ceiling lamps are needed either if you already have that nice hole in the ceiling. They might make things a bit messy.

3 hours ago, Memfis said:

I think the wooden trim on top ruins the theme and color balance of the room. I'm not sure if the ceiling lamps are needed either if you already have that nice hole in the ceiling. They might make things a bit messy.

I agree, and perhaps a bad time to mention the blue and red lights (1st screenie) glow (different brightnesses) and that the second screenie is taken while standing on a woodmet platform, heh, but the Ult. Doom texture set is rather limited, in particular sticking to mostly E1 textures, which cuts out stuff like stone (E2) and Hell textures. Prolly should cut out wood too, but I felt like that was less of a stretch; I didn't want to overuse the brown-metal support-styled textures, and same goes for ceil5_2 and the pretty blue lights. It'd be nice to have more recolored textures to choose from so I could keep a more coherent color scheme without overusing textures, or at least just to be able to cut out like one overall color without cutting all colors out of the spots affected. *shrug*

I appreciate your honesty :)

More Acidity!

It is going to be a mini episode (3 maps) for Vanilla Ultimate Doom.

Next image is from another level:

pIiS6PJl.png

I would consider some alignment efforts on the cylindrical platforms (Most editors have an autoalign feature, assigned to the A key.)

22 hours ago, Tango said:

I love the green imps :D I very fondly remember all the recolored monsters in some of your earlier maps, it would be great to see that again

Yeah I recently been watching some footage of old megawads people play on YouTube, thought it was a nice touch to make a project stand out a little more with these recolored monsters. Only did the imp so far, toyed around with the demon, didn't turned out so well. The green imp does go nicely with the green sky and nukage, think I'll keep it. Made a dark blue and black imp too, but green seems to work the best in this setting.

Oh yes the old times, I used to do that all the time, silly me back then :p

"Harvest" speedmap pack. My first serious slaughter one. Everything else than skill 1 is suicide, so far I have 3 maps done from max 6. My design aim is to not have any generic texture schemes in there.

screen.PNG

Screenshot_Doom_20170422_153749.png

Screenshot_Doom_20170422_153952.png

Screenshot_Doom_20170422_154108.png

Also this. Overhead map view can be quite pleasing when working to vanilla detail limitations; there's something quite soothing about the semi-minimal aesthetic here.

e1m2.wad_E1M2.png

Escaping a Gestapo prison hasn't been more beautiful ever before: Blade of Agon Chapter 2 finally features high-resolution graphics for all the enemies and characters around - which doesn't it makec easier to get out of this place... #boachapter2 #x2 #shadowsofthereich

18076556_10209154251193938_5075546512191

@Tormentor667

Wow, those look unbelievable. I'm curious, have you taken a look and dissected Total Chaos? It seems to me like you could learn a lot from it.