Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

Guest Unregistered account

That looks gorgeous! Love the lighting~

Edited by Unregistered account

On 6/5/2017 at 6:30 PM, Da Werecat said:

I thought it was an arachnotronesque monster at first.

No, it is the shotgun substitute. It is an interesting set of death/hell themed weapons.

On 4/5/2017 at 11:29 AM, Angry Saint said:

Five-pointed stars are cool.

I will try a 7-pointed one.

I have actually started it:

XyAxsLnl.png

Guest Unregistered account
1 hour ago, Angry Saint said:

I have actually started it:

XyAxsLnl.png

We need to start our own religion and make this the symbol. Then we can make awesome temples irl and carve it into the walls.

21 hours ago, MysteriousHaruko said:

I don't remember what mapset it was,but everything was terrible.

Looks like Chambers of Death.

19 minutes ago, NinjaLiquidator said:

I hope its not that case :P

It's probably more like Reverie map31

CeRn1Ow.png

So I guess the 0/0 is the monster count and you loaded that map with -nomonsters and it's red like blood; the blue 0/10 must be item count as it's the same color as health bonus and soulsphere, and the pink 0/17 is the secret count because secret sectors are pink on the Boom automap. What's the yellow 0 between the kill count and item count?

Also I suppose -32,136,-112 are the coordinates, :4 is probably the angle, but what's the orange 0 above?

4 minutes ago, Gez said:

So I guess the 0/0 is the monster count and you loaded that map with -nomonsters and it's red like blood; the blue 0/10 must be item count as it's the same color as health bonus and soulsphere, and the pink 0/17 is the secret count because secret sectors are pink on the Boom automap. What's the yellow 0 between the kill count and item count?

Also I suppose -32,136,-112 are the coordinates, :4 is probably the angle, but what's the orange 0 above?

There's a small orange square at the bottom of that map near the player, which is about where the switch in the picture is. The orange 0 could just be how many of those kind of switches you've hit already. It's also possible that it could be the amount of hints you have left or how many you've used.

That yellow 0 though. Maybe you need to collect a certain amount of items like keys or coins or something in order to leave.

^ Reverie is a vanilla mapset, the custom HUD layout isn't part of it (and therefore can't be telling such specific information as you mentioned), it's just a feature of the source port RjY used to play it.

@Gez @Ichor

Spoiler
  • The yellow 0 after the red 0/0 kill count is the live monsters counter. These and the following items and secret counts are shown on the hud in prboom, but I prefer it on the automap.
  • The orange 0 on the right is in fact leveltime, which I prefer without leading zeroes and unnecessary colons. It's still at 0 because I had paused while scrolling round the automap, in order to hide the amount of time I spent setting up the shot.
  • The 4 on the end of the coordinates is the player's sector number. In the past, having that information helped me write bug reports for maps that were too big for yadex to open.
  • The small orange square is one of the map exits. The other was cut off, it's slightly above the top of the screen.
  • The player position on the automap does not correspond to the view depicted inside the circle. That part was added in post-production for humour. I'm sorry it was misleading.
  • I'm afraid a clever hint-counting system was entirely wrong. Reverie is vanilla, there are no scripts.

I guess I was playing too many word game apps with their limited hints and all (that I never use anyway). Also, that orange "Give Up?" text, heh.

12 minutes ago, Ichor said:

Also, that orange "Give Up?" text, heh.

Quite. The map is a fiendish puzzle to find the secret exit, but with the option at any time to take the normal one if you are too frustrated.

@Memfis managed to solve the whole thing on first attempt, amazingly enough.

9 hours ago, dobu gabu maru said:

What's the point of maps in the secret slot if they don't have secrets?

Ha, that's too easy.

doom97.jpg

The "con" of playing continuous and starting a new map with full ammo, when I'm provided with beautiful weaponry from the beginning

DOOM81.png.c38ecbeca9a683f23c49d62fcf152eb7.png

I want to grab them without making noise :(

6 minutes ago, galileo31dos01 said:

The "con" of playing continuous and starting a new map with full ammo, when I'm provided with beautiful weaponry from the beginning

Looks like success to me, if you can begin a new map in a megawad with max health and/or armor and max ammo with or without a backpack you're doing well lol.

2 minutes ago, RjY said:

Zero is a big number

gDrOClg.png

It did, but they were all shipped off to a...better place. Only the OP remains.

30 minutes ago, galileo31dos01 said:

Sometimes I enjoy playing through a level set in ZDoom with sv_unlimitedpickup 1. That means that you can always pick up ammo, weapons, and (in Heretic, Hexen, or Strife) inventory items, and they happily keep accumulating even after going past the normal maximum. If you want to accumulate several thousands of each type of ammo, that's the way to do it.

@Gez Hahaha wow I never knew of that, is there also a command you can use to keep extra inventory items between levels in Heretic? Always hated that you had to use the spares during a level.

3 hours ago, Gez said:

Sometimes I enjoy playing through a level set in ZDoom with sv_unlimitedpickup 1. That means that you can always pick up ammo, weapons, and (in Heretic, Hexen, or Strife) inventory items, and they happily keep accumulating even after going past the normal maximum. If you want to accumulate several thousands of each type of ammo, that's the way to do it.

I did that to the Chainsaw in Decorate, so I don't have to leave any weapon behind. I'm one of those folks who can't leave weapons behind. 

Finally finished with Map04 for Jimmy's A Boy And His Barrel. All that's left is to await tester feedback and implement difficulty settings.

Here's the last area I mapped, and the map from the editor. :)

27dc18dcca26ad2dc3feb2bec971dba0.jpg

dad7116fb43f8159607fd78dc33bbe11.jpg

99887370f725d42b97a5e94931c5dae5.png

I just want say "thank you" again to @leodoom85 and @Nine Inch Heels ,because they helped with mapping stuff. Now,I'll add more action lines/monsters/ammo in finished map side and move to other side with different theme. In screenshot you can see starter area. 

Screenshot_Doom_20170509_082621.png

5 hours ago, MysteriousHaruko said:

In screenshot you can see starter area.

If this is what happens every time leodoom85 or I help you with something, we need to help you a lot more often, because this looks really nice. <3

1 hour ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

If this is what happens every time leodoom85 or I help you with something, we need to help you a lot more often, because this looks really nice. <3

Good morning. Yeah, don't hesitate to ask for some help MysteriousHaruko. We'll help you anytime ;)