Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

Guest Unregistered account
27 minutes ago, Fonze said:

Lol; not gonna lie though something about that low-res column-mouth thing with horribly discolored teeth just looks funny to me.

I can remember precisely trying to pick the perfect colour for its teeth. It was a much paler yellow, more like yellowed bone than sugar-worn teeth... but yeah, I don't know why I bothered; Doom palette and all.

58 minutes ago, scalliano said:

What port are you using? Surely not GZDooM?

It is GZDooM, the D64 lights are relatively new so we started using them for darkmoon

While people are sitting here and doing impressive masterpieces,I'm just sitting here too and doing invisible doors,because why not? 

boom test.png

15 minutes ago, MysteriousHaruko said:

While people are sitting here and doing impressive masterpieces,I'm just sitting here too and doing invisible doors,because why not? 

boom test.png

Haruko, are invisible doors easy to do? I've been looking at doing some.

Just now, Phade102 said:

Haruko, are invisible doors easy to do? I've been looking at doing some.

Well,I think in Hexen and Udmf formats are easier to do invisible things than in boom format. I used half of this boom guide in below. If you need sliding doors or invisible doors you need check zdoom wiki. Sliding doors are made with polyobjects in hexen and udmf. 

5 hours ago, Master O said:

A better name for that project would have been "Tangerine Scream."

However, a certain German electronic music group might not like that... ;)

Considering Edgar froese is dead, I don't think he'll care.

The D64 lights really make a difference, here's a comparison with and without the colors

DgS5e70.png0a99rlj.pngNQf0VvE.png

qoNUKy6.png

I prefer the non-colored light, by a significant margin. (Incidentally, I felt the same for most of Quake 2.)

morio.png

dunno

this will probably end up too dumb and scatterbrained for any sort of community project

On 5/28/2017 at 1:54 AM, MysteriousHaruko said:

I went into someone's house without proper permission. 

K4KIqdy.png

so you follow wadbot too? :P

For some reason this area has burned itself into my head ever since first I saw it there and was just thinking of it last night, forget that I've been visiting the site everyday for the last year.

15 hours ago, Gez said:

Why not? It has D64-style coloring now.

Oh my god, I am ecstatic now!

8 minutes ago, DeathevokatioN said:

so you follow wadbot too? :P

For some reason this area has burned itself into my head ever since first I saw it there and was just thinking of it last night, forget that I've been visiting the site everyday for the last year.

Yes,it's my favorite page in tumblr,I saw cool underrated gems here. Those wads from 90's are always are getting my attention and "my generic house" wad genre is never fails me. 

Guest Unregistered account

Yay or nay?

7YS3RBY.png

6 minutes ago, nxGangGirl said:

^hella cool looking (deathmatch?) level

It's actually a level for single play. I haven't placed monsters to those areas yet.

But then again, come to think of it, this layout may be useful to deathmatch levels. Thanks for the notice. :D

3 minutes ago, antares031 said:

It's actually a level for single play. I haven't placed monsters to those areas yet.

But then again, come to think of it, this layout may be useful to deathmatch levels. Thanks for the notice. :D

That green is so deep and vibrant that it just brings out every over colour. thats beautiful,  good joB!

7 minutes ago, stru said:

So much green! I love it! What is it?

It's a level for DMP2017; Doomworld Mega Project.

23 hours ago, Master O said:

A better name for that project would have been "Tangerine Scream."

However, a certain German electronic music group might not like that... ;)

Haha, maybe. Although, that is not up to me ;) 

11 hours ago, yakfak said:

dunno

this will probably end up too dumb and scatterbrained for any sort of community project

heh. I might be in the same situation there.

f1B5xXJl.png

2 minutes ago, Ribbiks said:

heh. I might be in the same situation there.

f1B5xXJl.png

To me, it looks like we have two people that seem to enjoy mapping with the same textures in a similar style. could be the start of a community project?

22 hours ago, Phade102 said:

are invisible doors easy to do? I've been looking at doing some.

You can easily do that in boom-compatible using the "create fake floor and ceiling" linedef (242) there's also a way to do that in vanilla doom but I don't know how to do...

2 hours ago, stru said:

Ribbiks is the #2 reason why I'm not gonna try making any maps. 

Don't let that stop you. Nobody starts out that good. Mapping, like a lot of other things, is both a skill and a talent. You need to learn the skill and develop the talent.

2 hours ago, stru said:

Ribbiks is the #2 reason why I'm not gonna try making any maps.

Actually Ribbiks inspired me to make slaughtermap pack "that is even more bitchin than Stardate20x7". Finished 3 maps and I have enough, no nerves to playtest :D