Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

Guest Unregistered account

it's just a jOKe guys

13 minutes ago, Cell said:

Very lovely, dude!

Hide contents

(Though: candlelabras? I know they're yellow, too, but... eh, nevermind. :D )

I'll give an exception to those "spoilers" in this case. ;)

1 hour ago, antares031 said:

Time to use some yellow textures.

Looks like the inside of a hive for cybernetic honey bees.

12 minutes ago, nxGangGirl said:

Looks like the inside of a hive for cybernetic honey bees.

I guess even demons go to the Honeycomb Hideout.

This is for you @Kapanyo

CQjOSoB.jpg

edit: won't work in cool ports though, but who uses those?

edit2: in fact it works only in Choco and... surprise... Doom Legacy

Edited by bzzrak

10 hours ago, bzzrak said:

This is for you @Kapanyo

CQjOSoB.jpg

edit: won't work in cool ports though, but who uses those?

edit2: in fact it works only in Choco and... surprise... Doom Legacy

oHMYGLOB

Beat me to it :'3

Show this to Jimmy! I think he wanted to use it.

So, @Mechadon gave us a slew of awesome skies for free, but that slacker was too frickin' lazy to make them all tile vertically.  (I know, I know -- what a jerk, right?  But, we'll take the high road and move on.)  Also, I'm a little drunk.  And we all know Mech kicks ass.

Anyway, that's not my main point -- my point is I would love for someone to help me out with a non-tiling sky.  Does anyone have anything similar to the one below that tiles a little less noticeably?

Castle04.png

@Lutz, maybe this sky would work for you. I got it from somewhere in these forums, but I don't remember who made it.

superblueclouds.png.d7667cf7569eac2333db492d9eff491b.png

On 6/14/2017 at 0:32 PM, Cell said:

2xe9hsji9fp1h2jzg.jpg

Just a plain vineyard of sludge and bridges over it. The idea, however, dates back to 12 years before.

cemfo5det3toqmrzg.jpg

Those boxes don't look very stable to be piled this way.
Anyway, just wondering if something like this could still fit into the limitations of a classic vanilla-esque map.

Maybe the map creator was trying to think outside the box? Or maybe on top of the box? :)

@Lutz I could look into making a version of that sky that tiles vertically.  Although the one that Empyre posted looks really good and would probably work just as well.

Yes, I'm still working on Abhorrence, while combating a huge Mapper's Block. That part south in the map? I can't finish that at all.

map04.png

map04a.png

I see it ends in a symmetrical room. That's usually the point where I get mapper's block, too. xD

It's meant to be a temple under the ground so from my point it should be symmetrical but I just have do idea how to make other rooms properly.

8 hours ago, Mechadon said:

@Lutz I could look into making a version of that sky that tiles vertically.  Although the one that Empyre posted looks really good and would probably work just as well.

File this under "First-World Doom Problems."

Yeah, so basically I was a tad tipsy and a bit peeved that (a) I hadn't previously noticed that the sky didn't tile well vertically, and (b) that I don't think it is noticeable from ANYWHERE ELSE IN THE LEVEL except for the last little area (which I really don't want to change).  Fundamentally, all I really need is a nice blue/black sky, but your version more-or-less inspired the whole level, so I would like to find a way to make it work.

13 hours ago, Master O said:

Maybe the map creator was trying to think outside the box? Or maybe on top of the box? :)

Har har.
Though an approach that makes the crates look all funny in a (theoretically) Vanilla-compatible map is actually something that could be defined as "thinking outside the box".

5 hours ago, DoomLover234 said:

That part south in the map? I can't finish that at all.

Sheesh. The feeling is so relatable I don't even...
But it might help you to think about what temples are supposed to have inside. Hope this works.

I love how you mixed the key trim and COMPBLUE together to essentially make a new texture.

I just adore how stupidly simple, yet brutally awesome that doorframe solution is. :D

Spoiler

...I might've got inspired for something aswell. See ya several hours later.

Thanks you two :D Was just a test really, I do this kind of stuff to play about with themes and ideas!

Ugh getting both of these images on this post has been a right pain in the arse >:(

Anyway enjoy!

PHjaCsy.png 3nziEQm.png

Edited by FuzzballFox

Trying my hand at making Doom maps. Its a remaster of the crappy E2M9 - Fortress of Mystery. There's gonna be a lot of tricks, traps, and quirks up its sleeve. And everything is not what it seems in here ;-)

How does it look so far for my first map? I still have a lot more to go on this though.

594725e468ac4_e2m9rev2(1).jpg.47f91ba0381b61a6520aff91e39dc300.jpg

594726c606b85_e2m9rev2(9).jpg.f550c67ce95b2bf17c2de8c8bab2c915.jpg I'm gonna keep it completely vanilla. So there will be no new textures, or no new sprites. I'm also keeping the same hellish like style that the original E2M9 had

Edited by ImpMan11203

8 hours ago, ImpMan11203 said:

Trying my hand at making Doom maps. Its a remaster of the crappy E2M9 - Fortress of Mystery.

Heh, is not crappy for me. The original E2M9, i mean.

8 hours ago, ImpMan11203 said:

How does it look so far for my first map?

Looks pretty cool to me, i like the question mark open hallway in the big red rock cave section!

Talking about that section, could you make it less rectangular shaped and adding more variety to it? Like this thing:

octagon.PNG.df3969eb03d05eafa491867d817c432c.PNG
You can do this adding more vertex to your room or doing it with the curve lindefs editing, like this:

Spoiler

curve-example1.PNG.1cea9f507c40ee2179766ef3e6ca6810.PNG

A simple rectangular room, with a building in the centre, how to add more variety to this?

curve-example2.PNG.970e4a2e660d86b1de86ab0b84d0b70d.PNG

Remove any vertex from the corner of your room

curve-example2a.PNG.09d6613a9a71623c1fc0d1b559398c50.PNG

Eww, looks like shit, but selecting these lines that came out and..

curve-example3.PNG.99337482343ea18f426185751ebf84f2.PNG

Adding the curve linedefs option in this way will give you a curve and larger sector! Wee!

Now repeating the same thing to other corner of your arena and...

curve-example4.PNG.722f57d13f90c81b68ff5417f45207c8.PNG

We have a wide and open arena (maybe too circular for a cave, but you can change it adding more or less vertices in the curve line editing option)

^ thanks for your opinion! Yeah I made the question mark sectors like that because of the text engraved in there, but I will see what I can do about that. Thanks!

50 minutes ago, ImpMan11203 said:

^ thanks for your opinion! Yeah I made the question mark sectors like that because of the text engraved in there, but I will see what I can do about that. Thanks!

The question mark sector actually looks really good. Is there a chance we could get some screenshots of that room from different angles? Because it looks like a really interesting room!