• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

11 minutes ago, axdoomer said:

I like those Steam reviews.

8mLoHs1.jpg

Why would you compress such a beautiful image like that?

zBGVpt3.png

Was looking through DV2 overheads and found another (m23). Looks like someone just noticed a hand was growing out of their head.

The others so far:

Spoiler

jIwiRtX.png

AV m21

yeM3T7V.png

Sunlust m16

xl5L4x2.png

THT: Threnody m10

Edited by rdwpa

Very cool sprite! It seems to fit the style of the map quite well :)

@Eradrop Your mapping style continues to stun me. Can you possibly explain your mapping techniques? like, where do you start? do you build the map from start to finish, progression wise, or do you just think of ideas before hand?

Well, i see the map from beggining, how it goes and play, and im always begginging from a big room/area. Most of the time, im starting with the main area of the map.

20 minutes ago, durian said:

Made a little time for this today; finally tidied-up the texturing in this hallway - too much TEKGREN3 before, and generally too busy, all a bit cleaner now. Also implemented a very small amount of baked-lighting, since with regular software rendering some of the shadows were coming out way too dark. That's that for another few months.

Screenshot_Doom_20170721_144946a.jpg.e23ee07c8c79249a77caf9c9cb1d4bb3.jpg

Minimalistic, yet works wonders. Really well crafted! 

On 7/20/2017 at 9:54 AM, Jimmy said:

Catching some rays.

riYeWbj.png

I admire the stereo, umbrella, and cooler a bit more actually.

2 hours ago, durian said:

Made a little time for this today; finally tidied-up the texturing in this hallway - too much TEKGREN3 before, and generally too busy, all a bit cleaner now. Also implemented a very small amount of baked-lighting, since with regular software rendering some of the shadows were coming out way too dark. That's that for another few months.

Screenshot_Doom_20170721_144946a.jpg.e23ee07c8c79249a77caf9c9cb1d4bb3.jpg

What is...baked lighting? I mean, obviously its the circular lighting, but how is it done exactly? it looks incredible.

21 minutes ago, Phade102 said:

What is...baked lighting?

Baked lighting means that the lighting is in the texture, rather than applied in-editor.

I thought I'd take that black torch in the 667 site and make a few changes to it.

j28KdMn.gif

54 minutes ago, Gutawer said:

Baked lighting means that the lighting is in the texture, rather than applied in-editor.

Ah so correct me if i'm wrong, but hes basically lightened up a texture, made a circular sector and added it? Or is it sort of like dynamic lighting?

8 minutes ago, Phade102 said:

Ah so correct me if i'm wrong, but hes basically lightened up a texture, made a circular sector and added it? Or is it sort of like dynamic lighting?

The former. Or at least on a similar principle as the former, and definitely not the latter.