Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

On 28.7.2017 at 0:27 AM, Dragonfly said:

a little something

Well-done demakes are always something special. Very cool how it all comes together on the editor shots, the 3D-view one in particular.

Nice stuff @Angry Saint - some interesting shapes and texture combos. It might be worth playing a little with the light levels - perhaps bringing the overall level down a bit, and introducing some contrast.

i dont have much but heres one from when i tried to load as many mods together as possible without crashing the game

Screenshot_Doom_20161211_204106.png

1 hour ago, Walter confetti said:

@Angry Saintawesome shots!

thank you!

39 minutes ago, durian said:

Nice stuff @Angry Saint - some interesting shapes and texture combos. It might be worth playing a little with the light levels - perhaps bringing the overall level down a bit, and introducing some contrast.

thank you too! Usually lighting is one of the last things I put in a level; Eden Log is still WIP so also light levels will come for sure.

On 8/1/2017 at 3:23 AM, Kapanyo said:

Someone -needs- to make Bread Simple a thing.

Mancubiscuit.

"TIXƎ" is a horrible design choice and I strongly discourage anyone from using it.
5983623e9f816_TIX.png.624b7fccf6ce18c5b8312fbc23af12f5.png
Shot taken from my submission (MAP17) for this pWad.

[EDIT] @Jimmy: the answer to your question is (c).

Edited by Cell : Grammar. It gets me every time. Also responded to Jimmy.

Did you flip that texture with...

(a) negative texture scaling via UDMF,

(b) a TEXTURES lump with FlipX applied to the patch,

(c) literally placing 32 vertices to invert the entire texture via line offsetting

EDIT: You poor sod.

Edited by Jimmy

Confinement 2048, still subject to change. I am really struggling to figure out what to do with this area. I've mulled it over in my head how the map would play out without it and I do not think it would work.

3zLTLBW.png

6IjWeAT.png

Currently 107 monsters.

Spoiler

DQDXX.gif

3 minutes ago, NeedHealth said:

6IjWeAT.png

So warm picture I love this doom appearence

4 hours ago, Cell said:

"TIXƎ" is a horrible design choice and I strongly discourage anyone from using it.

Lol <3

23 minutes ago, Medis said:
26 minutes ago, NeedHealth said:

6IjWeAT.png

So warm picture I love this doom appearence

Ty -!

Staring at the same area for ages apparently makes you blind, I only now saw that the shadow sector uses BROWNSD1 when it is supposed to be  a sand texture.  An other thing I can't decide if I want.

They don't? If it is possible, I would have added an 4x4 inlayed square around those lights and a contrastive colour on the inside rim.

5 hours ago, DoomLover234 said:

wahey.PNG.4b2c5033237fa4aadd844071dc3b368f.PNG

I think it'd look better without the bordering around the pillars.

On 7/30/2017 at 6:08 PM, Ichor said:

4xuDION.gif

I didn't really like this thing. The hand doesn't look good and the coding for it became waaay too bloated (and this was just for making it fire while spinning and bobbing at the same time). I scrapped it and made this instead (the staff came from an image search, but the hand is new).

lHp2fJd.png

You are insane, they both look great. The only thing the original could've used is a shadow and/or light emitting the palm that gets bigger/smaller as the artifact bobs

6 minutes ago, wheresthebeef said:

You are insane, they both look great. The only thing the original could've used is a shadow and/or light emitting the palm that gets bigger/smaller as the artifact bobs

Maybe, but it's really the hand of the first one that I'm least satisfied with. The spinning thing does look good, but the hand...not so much. I might use it some other time, but it won't be right now (and I would have to completely revamp that hand). Besides, first one didn't fit the voodoo theme I wanted for the weapon.

https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=25026&hilit=nightmare+dark

Must say I really do enjoy these textures by NIGHTMARE- darker wood is wonderful as is the darker metal trim! Going to make a few more variants I think- as they are lacking flats! Especially for the wood~

Have made a couple so far! :D

unknown.png unknown.png

Just basic flats to go with! Yes they tile fine too :3 I made sure of it

Then this happened! It's not 128x high for obvious mathematical reasons- but it tiles fine this way!

unknown.png unknown.png unknown.png unknown.png 

Edited by FuzzballFox

I turned the player into one of those green aliens of Doom. It fares quite well against the biggest agents of Hell.

The weapon is based on the Spell Binder from the Realm667.com Armory.

etrn47.png

etrn44.png

etrn45.png

Nice idea. I suggest a wood-themed status bar rather than marble-themed, for contrast. Also lighting/shading work for the hands.

That looks powerful. Are the distant structures part of the gameplay or only decoration?