Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

2 hours ago, Phade102 said:

But ill personally try to remember to stop quoting images.

"Sorry officer, it won't happen again. I'll personally try to remember to stop stabbing people."

You really shouldn't have to "remember" to stop actively doing the wrong thing. Even if you forget, all it takes is an edit.

Frick, man.

Just now, Da Werecat said:

Not when you stab someone...

you can just edit their wound at the hospital silly

Image embedding by default was a horrible idea. I don't blame people who are too lazy to edit their quotes. It's the forum's fault.

It would be better if a quoted image was displayed at a reduced size, but I imagine that would not be trival to implement.

6 hours ago, Phade102 said:

I think people just need to grow up. if people quote images, who the hell cares. scroll past the image, scroll past the post, move on.

So who needs to grow up here? The few people who quote pictures everybody's already seen? Or is it the larger number of people who complain about having to look at the same picture several times over, because a select few couldn't be bothered to properly quote/edit their comments in everybody else's interest?

5 hours ago, Phade102 said:

I'm 27. and I understand why its annoying, but its easy to just skip pass the thread. But ill personally try to remember to stop quoting images.

I don't think you actually understand it at all. It's annoying, but because people can have to scroll past all the images to see something they haven't seen already. This isn't rocket science, or is it?

I think what none of you guys are realizing while you're flaming out at Phade for quote images (which he apologized to and said he'd stop). Is that all of you are filling this thread with bullshit nobody cares about, which fills up the thread more than his post. And then people have to take their precious time to scroll past all the flaming comments (the horror!!)

seriously though, can we grow up here and move on already? He apologized, and he'll try to do better...

2 hours ago, Urthar said:

but I imagine that would not be trival to implement.

.ipsQuote_contents img {

max-width: 320px;

}

It's trivial.

6 hours ago, Linguica said:

Don't bring me into this, I didn't make that rule.

I'd love to know why i'm being practically attacked for doing it. People complaining that i'm annoying, and that i'm being childish. I quoted a picture. I just wish people would stop having a go at me for it.

55 minutes ago, CzechMate29200 said:

I think what none of you guys are realizing while you're flaming out at Phade for quote images (which he apologized to and said he'd stop). Is that all of you are filling this thread with bullshit nobody cares about, which fills up the thread more than his post. And then people have to take their precious time to scroll past all the flaming comments (the horror!!)

seriously though, can we grow up here and move on already? He apologized, and he'll try to do better...

She/her, I believe.

19 minutes ago, moodeR said:

on-the-internet-nobody-knows-youre-a-dog

Pics posted should be Doom-related. 

JMusZpB.png

23 minutes ago, an_mutt said:

please shut up and post doom images you dummies

Those images look awesome. Is this a level you're making, or is it a full wad? I'd love to see more.

32 minutes ago, an_mutt said:

please shut up and post doom images you dummies

(picture 1)

Is this a hom I see on the left side portion of the rocks? 

There seems to be some odd stuff happening with a sky. Unless it is intentional. 

Other than that, screens look good :)

EDIT: Upon closer inspection, it doesn't look like a hom at all. I didn't see the opening in the rocks near the vines at first. My bad

Usually people harp on things more when the subject doubles-down in their... actions. Like this post above me ^

17 minutes ago, Fonze said:

Usually people harp on things more when the subject doubles-down in their... actions. Like this post above me ^

offtopic...moving on ;)

Exactly.

TRAV202.jpg.124f32dbea784d3bcedee9bc2f6e29ed.jpgTRAV201.jpg.87e2b9eb87c908206ca2d68a15b88bb5.jpg

I should probably stop sharing images or I might spoil the entire map eventually heh. Oh well, I can't help it :D

2 minutes ago, Phade102 said:

@Yugiboy85 That reminds me of some skillsaw maps in  valiant. It looks great! is it going to be a slaughter map? Or a puzzle map? I need details!

It's a followup to a map I made nearly a year ago: Travelling to the moon

This one well, you will be on the moon heh

It will probably be similar in gameplay to the first one but, with a few changes. There will be setpieces I guess and I will try and make less arena centric. There will be some arenas but I also want more smaller situational traps.  

I don't know what the final gameplay will be like yet as it is quite early to say. This is a map I started in july afterall (or late june, I don't remember). 

Also, I'm using the textures from valiant's E5 so that is probably why it looks similar heh. It is fairly inevitable with moon maps tbh 

7 minutes ago, Bauul said:

@Vorpal That vanilla resolution makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Damn...how much is it? 320x240?

That's the finest resolution ever seen.

1 hour ago, Yugiboy85 said:

It's a followup to a map I made nearly a year ago: Travelling to the moon

This one well, you will be on the moon heh

It will probably be similar in gameplay to the first one but, with a few changes. There will be setpieces I guess and I will try and make less arena centric. There will be some arenas but I also want more smaller situational traps.  

I don't know what the final gameplay will be like yet as it is quite early to say. This is a map I started in july afterall (or late june, I don't remember). 

Also, I'm using the textures from valiant's E5 so that is probably why it looks similar heh. It is fairly inevitable with moon maps tbh 

Oh my god, I watched UglyStru play Traveling to the moon. I thought it was an absolutely incredible map! I bet @stru Will be stoked to hear this!

31 minutes ago, Phade102 said:

Oh my god

Dude you did the same thing again, why? Why you ignoring the "Quote this piece of symbols not whole post" feature? Dude...

4 hours ago, an_mutt said:

(rock pic)

(red pic)

(tech pic)

Would crushers be included this time? ;P  Setting that aside, I really enjoy the details and environments on Map31 of 50mon, so I'm looking forward to this.

2 hours ago, Yugiboy85 said:

(surface pic) (liquid "cement?" pic)

Can't wait for your sequel to travel to the moon. I don't know whether I have a chance to playtest it.

That liquid is the same you will find in valiant and subsequently, the cc4 texture pack. 

I have no idea what it is though :D