Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

3 minutes ago, Yugiboy85 said:

That liquid is the same you will find in valiant and subsequently, the cc4 texture pack. 

I have no idea what it is though :D

Oh yeah, I know that. That's why these maps look like Lunatic or Valiant Ep5. Doesn't matter what time it's because it's worth waiting.

2 hours ago, CWolf said:

Dude you did the same thing again, why? Why you ignoring the "Quote this piece of symbols not whole post" feature? Dude...

No, i did not 'do the same thing again' there were no screenshots, and I took the whole post because it was all important and something I wanted to make clear.

Could you please keep these sort of comments out of this post, which is here for posting pictures and replies to them, not personal vendettas?

3 hours ago, Memfis said:

Nice, so a Map07 remake this time? I've always liked the castle feel in that level.

Perhaps, if its gameplay passes the Quality Assurance department standards. If it doesn't feel new or different enough, it may sit unpublished on my harddrive.

4 hours ago, Phade102 said:

Could you please keep these sort of comments out of this post, which is here for posting pictures and replies to them, not personal vendettas?

Was this meant to be a joke? :)

Just testing something with colored lighting...heh

why it's dark? idk...the original images are not dark...maybe posting it here, it darkens the image

Screenshot_Doom_20170817_214622.png.4048b13664b90e68c767d0d411979c7d.png

Screenshot_Doom_20170817_214653.png.2ab7cdd140db98d1852f95b35ed7c1e3.png

Screenshot_Doom_20170817_214712.png.b6d1fe2c8df0e8710011db00159fc418.png

7 minutes ago, Not Jabba said:

Anything that blue is worth finishing, imo.

Only if the project might still see a release at some point...! I made the error of oversubscribing on CP's last year and want to tie up loose ends to concentrate fully on new things. Would be a massive, massive shame if it has hit a brick wall though, there are probably 20 maps done for it and the quality of the set is really consistent and solid in my opinion.

@Scotty Absolutely is, have had to put it on hold just simply due to lack of time but I have some more stuff in the works for it! That looks beautiful by the way, feel free to send it over whenever youre ready!

1 hour ago, leodoom85 said:

Just testing something with colored lighting...heh

why it's dark? idk...the original images are not dark...maybe posting it here, it darkens the image

<images lel>

That looks awesome!  The brightness/contrast/fade looks really cool; how are you doing that exactly?

I have to admit, I really enjoy lighter blue palletes and such used. I've been looking at trying a lighter red pallette, but I think blue and purple will be my favs.

This looks awesome @Dragonfly although, I have to ask, did you by any chance use the actual cc4 wad as a texture base and not the cc4-tex.wad? 

Cause, I'm pretty sure some of these textures aren't in the accompanied ressource pack (cc4-tex.wad) which the project requires you to use. I don't think it will be that much of a big deal (if you ask @Crunchynut44 kindly ^^) but, was just wondering is all. 

I'm thinking mainly of that purple liquid, some of the wall light textures (those red bars), etc... 

Unless of course, these are some of your custom textures. If that is the case then don't mind me haha 

I used the texture pack that was linked in the thread at the time. If it turns out to be incorrect I'd happily change it out. I'll keep my mind on Skulldash for now until Crunchy's ready to pick the project back up anyways :)

Skulldash's expansion pack is set to release in around 2 months!

That's really odd cause I'm almost certain some of the textures you used weren't in the linked texture pack haha. Oh well, maybe I was wrong. Either way, looks fucking awesome :)

As far as CK goes, I suppose if crunchy doesn't get any more maps for it by other members, he could still release it as is (with fixes of course). I mean yeah, there are already 20+ maps I think in it so it's good enough :D 

Unless he aims for a full fledged 32 maps megawad

Hey, gusy. :) Anyone know how can I fix this:

XUuRAEG.png

It's from "The Ultimate Torment & Torture".

43 minutes ago, moodeR said:

Hey, guys. :) Anyone know how can I fix this:

~ Manually removed to prevent whining ~

It's from "The Ultimate Torment & Torture".

Move all vertices in that area onto at least the 1 point grid.

24 minutes ago, Pinchy said:

Move all vertices in that area onto at least the 1 point grid.

That doesn't guarantee an improvement. The correct answer is: Move random vertices in that area to random slightly different positions until the glitch goes away.

13 minutes ago, scifista42 said:

Move random vertices in that area to random slightly different positions until the glitch goes away.

Moving all vertices not on the 1 point grid to it does just that.

Not really, all vertices can already be on 1 point grid and the glitch can still occur, because even partition lines with integer-only coordinates can intersect each other at coordinates that aren't 100% precisely representable even as fixed point numbers, which may cause math imprecisions and consequently this bug during node building.

4 hours ago, Yugiboy85 said:

That's really odd cause I'm almost certain some of the textures you used weren't in the linked texture pack haha.

If it was the default cc4-tex.wad then that pink slime texture isn't part of it. The only liquid textures in cc4 are grey brown red lava green and blue.

13 hours ago, Not Jabba said:

Anything that blue is worth finishing, imo.

Like these? Something I haven't touched in over a year.

Screenshot_Doom_20170818_092251.png

Screenshot_Doom_20170818_092326.png

Screenshot_Doom_20170818_092341.png

There are multiple versions of "cc4-tex.wad" on the internet, but none of the ones I have on my computer contains the purple slime flat or texture.

Edited by scifista42

It's certainly present in "cchest4.wad" (the CC4 mapset), and certainly is a recolor of a flat from Doom, yes.