Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

@NuMetalManiak If you are open to suggestions from a not-mapper, make the pillars lower and raise periodically (that would look ugly though), or place some low tiers that force you to be in the spider's sight, or add some archviles and/or pain elementals. 

On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 10:57 AM, Dragonfly said:

Sadly the rules of Cereal Killer state:

So I'll obey. I don't mind honestly, I'm more than sure there's suitable alternatives.

Those are the textures used in Shaman's Device from CC4, and indeed they aren't in cc4-tex.wad. BUT you totally have my blessing to use them in your map! In fact, it would break my fragile heart if you were to replace them with something else! D: It looks rad as hell the way it is !! 

On the subject, I'd also like to say that I'm cool with anyone using textures from my maps. Usually you can find them under a _KASSMAN marker or prefixed with "KS_". So go nuts with the stuff in my CC4 and Ancient Aliens maps. While I made a fair bit of the resources, many of them are from other sources. So I whipped up a list of what I made, modified, or stole here:
Click

8 hours ago, Dragonfly said:

The hell? Why do none of you use Internet explorer???!

I believe you mean 'Why would anyone USE internet explorer!?"

10 hours ago, NuMetalManiak said:

Got the spiderdemon arena done, now I gotta find a way to make it interesting.

Ec3TOQe.png

Add some color. It is all brown and dark. Maybe some red fire textures?

27 minutes ago, NaturalTvventy said:

Mapping for UDoom again?

Can you two stop oppressing me? I needs my super shotgun and revenents.....

9 hours ago, galileo31dos01 said:

doom01.png.f39f655a6ed9b575564733088d1358da.png

(picture taken from Eviltech)

I have a soft spot for love messages on walls. 

I'm not sure but I think this screen is from Mars War , a megawad by Nathan Lineback. x)

That "myhouse.wad" is actually pretty cute. :p

I like the sky.

2 hours ago, Roofi said:

I'm not sure but I think this screen is from Mars War , a megawad by Nathan Lineback. x)

Maybe it's a homage, I haven't played Mars War yet, but right below the picture is written from where the picture was taken.

1 minute ago, galileo31dos01 said:

Maybe it's a homage, I haven't played Mars War yet, but right below the picture says from where the picture was taken.

Ah , I was wrong indeed... Mars War and Eviltech have nothing common between them except the fact that they are good.

dammit czechmate you keep confusing me, I was wondering what pritch was doing in the post your doom picture thread. >:|

1 minute ago, 40oz said:

dammit czechmate you keep confusing me, I was wondering what pritch was doing in the post your doom picture thread. >:|

Hehe

But eh, who or what is pritch?

@CzechMate29200 Oh my god. that map looks absolutely stunning. Are you the same mapper that was inexperienced and nervous such a short time ago? You've come so far, amazing job!

5 hours ago, CzechMate29200 said:

My gothic hell map that I'm working on. This is the 5th map that I have ever made

Great stuff man. Keep it up!!!

@Phade102 yes, yes I am :D

oh god, my first map is total shit...maybe it could qualify for a terryWAD ;D

@leodoom85 thanks!!

Thanks a bunch guys, this really means a lot to me :)

If anyone wants to just play around with the WIP, just PM me and I can send it to you :)

edit: yaaaaayyyy I got a ribbon!! :D

Edited by CzechMate29200

At a guess, the new red range in the palette darkens some of the colors at the end of the range, resulting in a disparity between the dark reds and the dark pinks in the color palette. You see a similar palette edit in 32in24tex, but that wad also rejigs some of the stock graphics to make the red gradients on textures like SP_HOT smoother.

When you run while climbing 16 units wide stairs in Doom, your POV almost touches the ground.

KkTtU87.png

The POV's height is adjusted so slow... When strafe running, it looks even worse:

2WWwuy9.png

If the stairs were 8 or 4 units wide, I wonder how much the POV's height could get different from the player's actual position. I'm sure it could drop below the player's feet.