Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

2 hours ago, Jimmy said:

At a guess, the new red range in the palette darkens some of the colors at the end of the range, resulting in a disparity between the dark reds and the dark pinks in the color palette.

That would be my guess as well.

Edited by Da Werecat

3 hours ago, Da Werecat said:

That would be my guess as well.

Exactly what Jimmy said, it looks slightly smoother in game though. However I love the gritt the darker reds add, as well as the pink and oranges.

Now that I looked more closely, even the hand looks slightly broken, and not because you're standing somewhere dark.

The brown brick is seemingly much less detailed than the grey one or anything else in the scene, which bugs me a little.

1 hour ago, Fuzzball said:

CC4Tex IS the current definition of "overuse" :P

CC4Tex is overused because of how many resources the wad provides. And Pinchy is right, its not the texture pack, its how you use it. People can use cc4tex and make something so unique that people have never seen before.

Valiant, for example.

^ Most of Valiant's whole visual + architectural themes are identical to those of previously made wads, though.

Edited by scifista42

I should've never written "serious cc4-tex overuse" - now it's turned into a discussion about cc4tex

2 minutes ago, scifista42 said:

^ Most of Valiant's texture themes are identical to those of previously made wads, though.

I honestly haven't seen many wads like valiants, but I'm not 100% up to date. in any case, CC4tex isn't a bad wad, the fact its used so much just proves that its popular.

Anyway, back to posting pictures!

9 hours ago, Gustavo6046 said:

wow dats raciss

I think I'm missing something here. Memes aside, how could that possibly be construed as racist? :o

8 hours ago, Da Werecat said:

Rainbow-colored no less. A social commentary of sorts?

Only for you, snowflake. ;)

You know, if you combine all the colors, you'll get white. Tsk tsk tsk Dragonfly. Deny it all you want - we're onto you!

2 hours ago, Dragonfly said:

I think I'm missing something here. Memes aside, how could that possibly be construed as racist? :o

◁◁◁◁ can vaguely kinda look like KKK I guess.

It's Gustavo, don't pay it no mind.

@Da Werecat - FALSE. That is TRUE if we're talking in terms of light, but it is FALSE if we're talking in terms of paints / inks. :P

@Gez - Could also be viewed as an absolute shitload of 'illuminati triangles', or whatever. Heh. 

I don't quite understand it lol

EDIT: Oh, I guess it spells KKK... but that's just a bunch of triangles lol. The only thing it proves it that you have an evil mind.

Edited by DoomLover234

6 minutes ago, lupinx-Kassman said:

vanilla doom

DARK MAGIC. BURN THE WITCH.

That is probable possible, given its destructability, those balls can be composed of millions or billions of those quick metabolism parasites.