Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

your ability to take a color that isn't even part of Doom's normal color set and make something amazing out of it is frankly amazing. I am very much loving this theme, down to the colors, architecture, and texture choices.

19 minutes ago, cyan0s1s said:

love cyan/turquoise.

Although not a fan of these colors, this makes me think maybe it's a good idea to have each color themed map to form a rainbow WAD in the future? However, I don't know who's going to do that...

4 hours ago, RjY said:

He's already done rainbows!

I meant to the say like, first level is red, second level is orange... and so on. The whole WAD is called Rainbow, but Doom has limited color palette, so I'm not sure whether it's applicable.

8 minutes ago, GarrettChan said:

I meant to the say like, first level is red, second level is orange... and so on. The whole WAD is called Rainbow, but Doom has limited color palette, so I'm not sure whether it's applicable.

About 3 years ago I planned a WAD with that exact concept - It was GZDoom compatible so the Doom palette was a non-issue. Of course I abandoned it while still working on the first map ^_^

textures in that shot are still WIP, as it's not really my intention to make yet another thing plastered with sp_hot and gothlight recolors :p. originally I was trying to make something that felt cold and icy using the teal ranges of a palette that @Grain of Salt had shared with me. Anyone ever play this NES game:?

x2hQk5F.jpg

5 minutes ago, Ribbiks said:

Anyone ever play this NES game:?

Wow, this one is famous. After looking at Wiki, I know the English name should be called Blaster Master? It's made by Sunsoft, which is very famous of good in-game musics.

24 minutes ago, Ribbiks said:

Anyone ever play this NES game:?

x2hQk5F.jpg

Ah yes one of my all time favorite NES games :) 

very angular lights frorm this point of view. Still the same map as last time.

HMHz24k.png

e- another point of view

qbrG18n.png

e2 - how it ended up. I need to learn the dobu gabu methodtm to solve the light on the left because it looks awkward as f?ck

DKnvfRe.png

Edited by NeedHealth

(I hate double-posting, but this is unrelated to the previous post, so...)

Not quite Doom related, but probably close enough to post in this thread. Here's a WIP enhanced Wolf 3D status bar. I figured an "arms" segment is functionally more useful than a redundant graphic of the weapon you already see in first person.

VTa2bYx.png

On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 9:25 PM, NeedHealth said:

Your doombuilder color settings are ridiculous

Just now, 40oz said:

Your doombuilder color settings are ridiculous

A couple of years ago I was playing around with those and then realized I couldn't remember what it was set at in the beginning. I am used to it now.

Monsters wouldn't mount the stairs so they got changed. here is what it looks like now

FxhLyhQ.png

1 hour ago, 40oz said:

Been working on a bit of teal stuff myself

GaYbLLO.gif

Nice colors! Man, I love that liquid animation. Have you done a waterfall in that style as well?

@Dutch Doomer The map looks great, but I think the filtering and bloom does not.

Edited by RjY : let's not confuse facts and opinions

I agree with RjY. The bloom is pretty distracting from the nice scenery, and even doomguy's hand seems to be casting a radioactive glow. I think a more subtle setting would show your work better, personally!

Maybe it's one of those cases where someone posts a screenshot and to everyone else it looks extremely gamma corrected even though it's not?

16 hours ago, 40oz said:

Been working on a bit of teal stuff myself

GaYbLLO.gif

Sort of

9rcTsEG.png

While I thought the grimy abandoned base theme was cool for the first few maps, are you planning on breaking up the themes?