Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

@Koros it's generally good practice to say what wads you're posting screenshots from if they aren't your own work. I recognize Nocturne In Yellow in the 1st screenshot. :)

21 hours ago, Marcaek said:

While I thought the grimy abandoned base theme was cool for the first few maps, are you planning on breaking up the themes?

A lot of it is just experimentation. Ive barely started any real maps for it yet.

I like when stuff looks like it smells wet and muddy though, so there will be a lot of dirty rusty metal of course.

8 hours ago, Dragonfly said:

@Koros it's generally good practice to say what wads you're posting screenshots from if they aren't your own work.

He's been told this before and disregarded it repeatedly. Better be explicit: @Koros, please, always do it from now on, for the sake of clarity. Most people here either post their own works, or identify the wads in their screenshots without being asked to do so every time.

4 hours ago, scifista42 said:

He's been told this before and disregarded it repeatedly. Better be explicit: @Koros, please, always do it from now on, for the sake of clarity. Most people here either post their own works, or identify the wads in their screenshots without being asked to do so every time.

Well heres how I see it.

You see, the thread says "Post Your Doom Pictures. Not post "your" WIP pictures or post "YOUR" CREATION pictures.  

I just play mods levels or both. Take screenshots through my playthroughs and post them on here from time to time. To act like I need to clarify that these are not my works on every whatever, or to have to remember what map or whatever it was for the screenshot before posting is ridiculous. 

I have seen countless other people post pictures of stuff they took without identifying that wad or whatever it was and nobody says a word.

If I DECIDE to do so, I will post the info of the pics I take, or if its going to be such a hassel to you @scifista42 maybe I just wont bother posting anymore at all.

I know I sometimes come off as brash, but I cant help but feel this is such petty nit-picking on me. And you cant expect me to always remember what wad it was I played when I took these. Some of these are weeks old. Again, if its that big of an issue. I will just not post anymore. Let me know.

@Koros No-one's trying to get at you, it's just for the same reason radio DJs always say the name of the song they just played, it's nice for people to know what they're looking at.

To be honest, if all you said was "Some screenshots from some mods I've been trying.  Sorry, I can't remember exactly which they were", that's fine.  We're just an interested bunch of people, and Doom is such a sprawling, varied modding community if someone posts something intriguing we're just keen to know what it is.  

Tis why I haven't posted anything in here is cause nothing's mine and I feel like it'd be hogging up space. Buut, I do enjoy taking screens of Doom, particularly nice scenic views and intense battle moments so perhaps I'll share a few now and then (and give credit where it's due, since the talented community deserves recognition for their works and so newcomers aren't left scratching their head wondering what PWAD or mod I'm playing).

More darkness and a passageway that is mysteriously closed off for now.

People seem to like these screenshots, so what am I doing right? Honestly this is what I do not like with the like system -it doesn't foster discussion.

15ijBW9.png

It looks very cool Mikami !

Edited by Roofi

Wads: Going Down by mouldy and also Smooth Doom.

IMG_20170910_001333.jpg.38110d9ffab456e63ba192677f0854f2.jpgIMG_20170910_001341.jpg.e5025515856ec9cc59fac5e78e630ada.jpg

IMG_20170910_001338.jpg

IMG_20170910_001336.jpg

Edited by AsianMammoth

Almost finished  DWMP'17 level layout. Yup, very short, but will be highly detailed. Wanna made "opening" level for boom-part, sorta.

Spoiler

RQNE7UG.jpg

QjrwjTY.jpg

Truly bare bones of a map for Gore Prisons CP i started today:

xTg158y.png

Plus, MAP01 ripoffs in the next eagles speed mapping thingy near you:

e19S60K.png

I use a tonemap that comes with Gzdoom, thats it really, and alot of gradient lighting. I'm not doing anything special to achieve this look. I guess its the combination of the tonemap, lighting and textures that gives you the Quake vibe. I'm not aiming for a Quake look, it just turns out like this, I shut part of my brain off and just enjoy building rooms and see what results I get. Its really tricky to get into that state of mind when I'm mapping, when I started earlier this evening I was really struggeling to get into it, now its flowing nicely. Listening to industrial/techno music also contributes to the look of this map. Always difficult to switch between projects, cause you mind is still set on the other map. Or I'm just talking rubbish here now, and I should rest for a while :P

I am amusingly enough still on 2.3.2 of GZDoom (need to update it after I finish playing NOVA 2) so I don't know if more tonemaps were added since. I really like the 'palette' one because of the way it emulates 8-bit color and makes the dynamic light cones look gradient in that Quake software style.