Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

Now that I've finished posting daily screenshots (well, almost daily. Life gets in the way sometimes I suppose! :P) over at the Skulldash thread, I decided to put all the screenshots into one large collective image in a randomised order. There's only 3 screenshots per map here!

randomised-screenshots-skulldash.jpg

(If you want to see these images larger, click here)

Skulldash: Expanded Edition is set to release on the 22nd of October! Check out the website for more info and a countdown until the release. :)

6 hours ago, valkiriforce said:

Scythe, MAP18

I think this one would have been better in -nomonsters; the spider failing to loop correctly somewhat spoils it. Alternatively the gif needs a number of frames that is the lowest common multiple of the lengths of the spider and portal loop. Although that could make the file huge. Example where I took enough frames to have both teleporter and liquid flat animations loop smoothly (from btsx_e1 thread).

Gy2zoPe.jpg

6 hours ago, Dragonfly said:

triple kill

The shotgun guy at the front might have actually been killed or at least partly injured by the shotgun guy on the right side behind him.

10 hours ago, superchargecacodemons799 said:

Computer room in And Hell Followed With UAC.

ahfwuaccomp.png

This really shows just how colorful the first Doom was. Compared to all the brown and grey in the sequel.

1 hour ago, scifista42 said:

The shotgun guy at the front might have actually been killed or at least partly injured by the shotgun guy on the right side behind him.

Upon reflection it does look like the shotgun guy at the front was damaged first. Still, at the time it was a very satisfying moment. :)

9 hours ago, RjY said:

I think this one would have been better in -nomonsters; the spider failing to loop correctly somewhat spoils it. Alternatively the gif needs a number of frames that is the lowest common multiple of the lengths of the spider and portal loop. Although that could make the file huge. Example where I took enough frames to have both teleporter and liquid flat animations loop smoothly (from btsx_e1 thread).

Since you're getting technical, I actually had all the correct frames saved for a smooth animation, but the gif was over 3 megabytes, and I like to keep my gifs under 3 so I can share them on other sites that don't allow 3 megabyte animated gifs. So I deleted about a dozen frames and kept it simple enough to at least look nice enough in my eyes, but I know how most people can be about optimization. Also note in your gif it moves way too fast - doesn't look very nice in my eyes.

9 minutes ago, valkiriforce said:

Also note in your gif it moves way too fast - doesn't look very nice in my eyes.

That's fair, I did speed it up a lot for whatever reason that I thought was a good idea at the time.

bSHHR8X.png
yt1Dgpq.png
I like hell portrayed like this(even if I would like to see more green or white hell)

These pictures came from Titan II wad

21 hours ago, Decay said:

Finally hacked together my final Progressive Duel map, Abandoned Shrine. Very loosely Hexen inspired but also by AeonDM maps (aeon22 and aeon28) that went for similar themes

That looks awesome!  What texture set are you using (and/or will you be releasing a version if you put it together yourself)?

57 minutes ago, Memfis said:

Doom Millennium screenshots from 2002:

*stuff*

Wow. For 2002 that's just epic.

15 minutes ago, RonLivingston said:

A screenshot of map24. from my project FDROTEG. I put the words TNT inside that church

And why do I feel somethings wrong in your words.

2 hours ago, CWolf said:

And why do I feel somethings wrong in your words.

Somewhat harsh. You may just be being influenced by the recent discussion:

There's nothing to say that @RonLivingston didn't add the TNT to the church. Why he would've done it is a different story, but there's nothing to say he couldn't have done so.

On 15/10/2017 at 4:18 PM, Decay said:

Finally hacked together my final Progressive Duel map, Abandoned Shrine. Very loosely Hexen inspired but also by AeonDM maps (aeon22 and aeon28) that went for similar themes

All that beautiful architecture and texturing, wasted on a deathmatch map.

(I'm joking of course. Great work.)

27 minutes ago, RjY said:

All that beautiful architecture and texturing, wasted on a deathmatch map.

(I'm joking of course. Great work.)

Thanks :P I am a firm believer that PvP matches should get the same detail treatment as SP maps... though not at the expense of game play, of course!

6 hours ago, Lutz said:

That looks awesome!  What texture set are you using (and/or will you be releasing a version if you put it together yourself)?

It's a mishmash of packs, drawing from Hexen, a lone texture from shadow warrior and american mcgee's alice, gothmash, Unreal, Marathon, and Daikatana, at least according to the person detailed the aforementioned aeon maps. The aurora skybox was custom made by @Argent Agent in space engine (he should really consider packing them all up and releasing them as resources hint hint).