Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

a screenshot from my lastest map

aweawea2w.png.128193e22a68016e3662ffcc03626453.pngaweawea2w.png.587cf9d651246125a3f192c5000c7bfe.png

and also anothers but isn't finished (but maybe somewhere)aweawea2w.png.385540facd7f2f4f887b268272ac59c7.pngaweawea2w.png.7971cd7dcfcdd999a7e30bcd9056f449.pngaweawea2w.png.e6e76c6e44f248d54106a1627ddc9c89.png

Edited by xdarkmasterx

I like it but I wonder if ZIMMER on top is not the best choice here... Somehow it seems unfitting to me, can't explain why though. Like it doesn't look "strong" enough or something.

16 minutes ago, Memfis said:

I like it but I wonder if ZIMMER on top is not the best choice here... Somehow it seems unfitting to me, can't explain why though. Like it doesn't look "strong" enough or something.

Looks more like a long floral foam block that can't sustain those wooden pillars. I think it just needs either a texture rework for a border sector to imply more structural integrity, or I guess just more support pillars.

Edited by SuperCupcakeTactics

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

<sinppity-snabb>

Here's some layouts of 3 of the completed maps, for odd people like me who find layouts interesting to look at for whatever reason:

ILCZBvc.jpg

Can't see what's wrong with posting layouts. \(¨,)/ please post more.

On 16.10.2017 at 3:58 PM, Memfis said:

Doom Millennium screenshots from 2002:

mill07b2.png

mill11a2.png

mill07a2.png

Wow. Has anything releasable remained of that project?

I asked about it here, even forgot about it :

Eh, this is newer:

So, nothing new.

Edited by Pirx

1 minute ago, nxGangGirl said:

I like how his brain is just a black void.

Yeah, he sure has a lot of Room up in there.

12 minutes ago, Ichor said:

Yeah, he sure has a lot of Room up in there.

I bet that's Lisa, up there, tearing him apart.

13 minutes ago, RonLivingston said:

A map that I've been working on which will be for one of my projects

HXd6cd7.png

How about some in-game screens?

Been working on an outdoor mountainous viewing for one of my levels. It's not much to look at, but granted you're not supposed to be out there anyway. Any suggestions?

Screenshot_Doom_20171017_225859.png

Screenshot_Doom_20171017_225928.png

I feel like a trim texture wouldn't go amiss, but admittedly that's my pedantry talking and you might be only using stock textures. The flat could stand to be broken up by different ones as well so the whole thing doesn't look too uniform. Good stuff though, some nice looking cliffs there.

The scene would benefit from including more than one texture, one flat, and one theme (grassed rocks) - for example water pools and waterfalls, man-made structures, differently colored surfaces representing different materials (sand, vines...), caves or rocky overhangs that can be walked under... Perhaps including everything from the above list at once would be too much, I'm just giving ideas to pick from.

15 minutes ago, scifista42 said:

The scene would benefit from including more than one texture, one flat, and one theme (grassed rocks) - for example water pools and waterfalls, man-made structures, differently colored surfaces representing different materials (sand, vines...), caves or rocky overhangs that can be walked under... Perhaps including everything from the above list at once would be too much, I'm just giving ideas to pick from.

The design was supposed to be an arid and baron mountain/hill side, which the level itself is built on the side of. I added the grass to give it a bit of color, but it was mostly meant to be lifeless. I didn't want to add too much detail since it is just a visual and not something that is accessible to the player (the level doesn't contain any actual outdoor locations) but I wasn't sure what other details I could put in to make it look a little less dull. In my head, I pictured a fortress built on/inside a mountain top.

Looks okay. It has a decent shape going for it, which is important. It looks far from arid to me, however. I wouldn't be thinking of the aridity or literal substances in-game, but if I did those would look quite fertile to me, like blocks of topsoil with newly planted grass. (Which also happen to be arranged in cliffs because Doom logic.) Water would complement it quite well, adding a new color and breaking up some of the uninterrupted shapes (big flat regions of grass with pools of water, bare rock faces intersected by waterfalls). Without water, I'd be tempted to interrupt the largest grass sector with a big, shallow, neatly contoured pit of dirt or two, and add some TANROCK insets or outcroppings at well chosen intervals to the largest rock faces.

58 minutes ago, nxGangGirl said:

arid and baron mountain/hill side

At least this is easy to address during thing placement.

Edited by rdwpa