Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

The grey area on the top right of the screenshot looks somewhat like a fragment of a comics speech bubble coming from the body as if it's screaming something upon being splattered.

15 hours ago, Fuzzball said:

Look at the ceilings above too- it's ...kinda obvious. Not to mention learn once- info gained for next time. Not everything will/has to go perfectly one your first run.

The ceilings are identical, actually. The corpse is the hint, but I thought both switches will do something else, other than activating a crusher. I wasn't enjoying the design of that map in specific (UV compared to HMP) though, so that crusher was just another addition I perceived negatively.

I've had this idea for awhile now, about a tech/hell map that starts with the player being given the option to take the blue or red key route to whatever is beyond those portals. After deciding to give GZDoom Builder a go, I began buildiong on this idea and gleefully explored colored lighting, and the ability to use PK3 files (in this case the Doom 64 texture set) to achieve a moody effect.

red or blue.jpg.jpg

On 10/27/2017 at 3:47 PM, GoatLord said:

I've had this idea for awhile now, about a tech/hell map that starts with the player being given the option to take the blue or red key route to whatever is beyond those portals. After deciding to give GZDoom Builder a go, I began buildiong on this idea and gleefully explored colored lighting, and the ability to use PK3 files (in this case the Doom 64 texture set) to achieve a moody effect.

red or blue.jpg.jpg

Matrix Doom?

3 hours ago, wheresthebeef said:

giphy.gif

I've got a few more things to add in (one more character and art for the other weapons) before I fully reveal this game! :)

hell yeahhhhhhh hmu when you do

52czwDB.png

This came out of a speedmap and actually surprised me a little.

The blue sector has a glow effect for contrast, it's just dim when I took the screenshot.

Experimenting with using custom sky textures, line portals and translucent mid-textures to achieve a simplistic (but therefore computationally efficient) reflection effect.

Q3oMTXB.png

Fuck. Someone beat me to it.

There's a clear benefit to this approach: you can make the reflection as blurry as you want, with a little work. Few things reflect like mirrors in the real world. BTW, if alpha channels work in GZDoom, "specular maps" are a possibility.

On 10/30/2017 at 8:37 AM, Remmirath said:

Small teaser for a texture pack I'm making with @Dragonfly (the new textures are the stone ones on the slopes and support structures):

Screenshot_Doom_20171029_221447.png

I get Back to Saturn X vibes from that.