Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

4 hours ago, Bauul said:

Experimenting with the WARP effect and texture scalers in GZDoom for liquids.  

giphy.gif

Who fancies a bath?

Fascinating.  Looks more advanced than plain old doom. Reminds me more of Unreal.

5 hours ago, Bauul said:

Experimenting with the WARP effect and texture scalers in GZDoom for liquids.  

giphy.gif

Who fancies a bath?

The pillar looks like it's floating on top.

2 hours ago, NeedHealth said:

The pillar looks like it's floating on top.

Yeah that's true. If anyone can work out proper liquid displacement physics though I'm all ears! 

14 hours ago, Bauul said:

Yeah that's true. If anyone can work out proper liquid displacement physics though I'm all ears! 

I feel like you could mask it pretty nicely by spawning splash actors at various intervals round the edges of the pillars - it should give the impression that the nukage is actually hitting it.

@lupinx-Kassman Thanks for the suggestion! After spending a couple of hours getting my head around combining FOR loops, sin curves and floor raise commands, I managed to work out a pretty convincing bob effect, and you're right, it looks much better, much more part of the map.

Of course then I discovered Floor_Waggle and realized my two hours could have taken five minutes! Ah well.

1 hour ago, RonLivingston said:

Wooooooah! take alook at all the red in this train station

red train

The CWILV* font signs in that shot make me think its something by TheUltimateDoomer. Is that from License to Spell Doom?

8 hours ago, lupinx-Kassman said:

The CWILV* font signs in that shot make me think its something by TheUltimateDoomer. Is that from License to Spell Doom?

I've been inspired by him

DOOM0001.png.8486b42cf43ff7305ae6534fd41a9f2a.png

(picture taken from Unholy Realms MAP28)

Feels weirdly good to find shortcuts on my own.

Spoiler

Since you can stand on the border of a teleport pad, without teleporting, I thought of using that pillar (it has a teleporter) to reach the ledge with imps and then jump to the red ledge to grab the BK. I feel smart.