Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

7 hours ago, superchargecacodemons799 said:

I decided to give you 1st like since these pictures/images were amazing but no body put "I like this" on them.

P.S. I found it by searching at the first two pages.

That map is featured in NOVA II.

@Velvetic Wow those shots reminds me of Unreal.

6 hours ago, Dragonfly said:

Been working on a lava castle type map. Feels a bit Bowser's Castle to me, but I'm having a lot of fun with this theme so far!

Looking good Dragonfly! Not a widely dissimilar vibe to my green slime map.

It's almost like their related somehow.... 

( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

8 hours ago, Dragonfly said:

To get the fire to damage the player as I wanted (since they are on a 3D floor above the fire itself) I had to create a non-solid rapidly-moving 3D floor which damages the player to position itself when the fire is active, and then remove itself (go 1024 units above the map) when the fire is not active.

b124630115b48aafdf8b047e0036af32.gif

Ah, you're not safe on the metal blocks between the grids. That means there's only one way you can cross without getting hurt (from right to left on that picture).

Another possible approach (not that you need to change yours) would be to make the flame actors responsible for dealing damage. Simply having them call A_Explode repeatedly would do the trick.

46 minutes ago, Gez said:

Ah, you're not safe on the metal blocks between the grids. That means there's only one way you can cross without getting hurt (from right to left on that picture).

That's entirely intentional! :)

One of those 'breakpoints' much like a 64px drop into an area, forcing the player to remain. :)

4 hours ago, Jayextee said:

I am thinking on releasing them, unchanged, for posterity.

Judging by the shots alone, Heretic would only benefit from the existence of such a wad. There's not enough Heretic around.

Edited by Da Werecat

19 hours ago, Dragonfly said:

Been working on a lava castle type map. Feels a bit Bowser's Castle to me, but I'm having a lot of fun with this theme so far!

I'm getting OoT Fire Temple vibes personally, except darker and with less stone.  It's missing the numerous and iconic stone-shaped structures of Bowser's face put all over the place anyway.

This may be the first time I have ever seen anybody use fire effects like this in Doom (the timed fire walkway is just awesome).  But again, I'm not very observant nor knowledgeable with (UDMF) projects.

3 hours ago, Velvetic said:

5.jpg.c1e65c3e616e94bbdd73353096fba8f9.jpg

"In a distant future, UAC experimentation with artificially-created singularities triggers a major cosmological event resulting with Jupiter merging with Saturn..."

Seriously, that skybox really sets the mood.

Jupiter, Uranus, and Neptune all have rings, but none of them are nearly as spectacular as Saturn's. That said, those do look like Saturn's rings, not Jupiter's.