Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

You can try that map, I created thread yesterday in wads and mods section. Today, I'll push new update on it, just testing if map stays vanilla after changes. 

On 1/2/2018 at 10:28 AM, jmickle66666666 said:

@Bauul yeah hopefully i'll be announcing and releasing an alpha of my engine at some point

@Da Werecat i actually don't know why it's all fullbright, haha. will have to look into it

edit: its probably because it's an orthographic camera, so is messing up the depth calculation on the lighting. 

fixed it :)

Screenshot 2018-01-02 19.49.50.png

heeeey wait a minute!

this isometric rendering looks great. a really attractive way to show off maps I think

Only a few levels into the wad and I'm already highly impressed how architecturally beautiful is Requiem. Love this area with blood falls:

ugRbmLC.png

On 1/3/2018 at 7:06 PM, Rayziik said:

Was able to sit down and lay down a good basis for the next map, lots of circles and rectangles. Should be a sandboxy style layout with multiple set-piece style setups, less linear than the map prior to it.

<pic>

I like the style of that layout a lot.  I had to blink a few times because it reminded me of something I started two years ago but never touched since.  I'll share here.

From the Velvet Vault:

MAgJARy.png

untextured mega-city

wSB5PiP.png

On 1/3/2018 at 7:06 PM, Rayziik said:

Was able to sit down and lay down a good basis for the next map, lots of circles and rectangles. Should be a sandboxy style layout with multiple set-piece style setups, less linear than the map prior to it.

Spoiler

GGjCCGhl.png

I love the look of that layout on the grid! It looks like some sort of machine blueprint.

2 hours ago, NoisyVelvet said:

I like the style of that layout a lot.  I had to blink a few times because it reminded me of something I started two years ago but never touched since.  I'll share here.

From the Velvet Vault:

I do see the resemblance. Even the green is in there.

38 minutes ago, esselfortium said:

I love the look of that layout on the grid! It looks like some sort of machine blueprint.

Funny you should say 'machine'...

UOfjBF4.png

5 hours ago, Velvetic said:

Same map as before, just added some new areas and an old/abandoned part of the facility.

4th and 5th image look pretty similar to Quake.

1 minute ago, AtroNx said:

Is this too much brown?

I love the way it all plays against the orange sky, so I'm gonna say no. Looking fine. :D

29 minutes ago, AtroNx said:

Is this too much brown? :P

No, looking good to me.

1 hour ago, AtroNx said:

Is this too much brown? :P

Not at all.

But I think the texture under the orange striped bar on the left is really ugly.

35 minutes ago, Agent6 said:

Not at all.

But I think the texture under the orange striped bar on the left is really ugly.

Totally agree, I'm searching for a better version, do you know if I can find any?