Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

25 minutes ago, SouthPaw said:

Making a multiplayer map megawad, mainly for deathmatches. I'm about halfway done with this map of my school.

Screenshot_Doom_20180122_201244.png

"Hmm... don't have time to play with myself."

I love that shadow blob, but this is one of the places where I feel the results in vanilla get a lot trippier. Sorry, I should have GIFed this one too, but I took it a long time ago.

m6ujDHJ.png

Overlay the spectre effect over the liquidfall textures... holy crap if you can do that it'd make for some wicked flow

@StalkerZHS ...OK, it looks you cannot do it for textures, but you can do it in dehacked for things. It looks its changed in "Bits" property, but I dont know this on 100%. So if you will make custom thing and enable the bit, there is high possibility you could get your waterfall...

There's a different render path for fuzz. It's all or nothing, the mobj is either rendered with fuzz or normally. Unfortunately I'm not aware of any port allowing fuzz on textures.

@GezSince the objective is to create waterfall with fuzz, we are okay just with things. I tried to rip off Dehacked from Struggle, cause it has invisible Cacodemon. And guess what. Its working. Add line "Bits = 4473350"

On 1/22/2018 at 9:47 PM, Jthom said:

I've made progress on my map... 

Capture87633456789.PNG.739551e0ce365e95d15a3dae3f5ecef3.PNG

Captureghghghghgh.PNG.ccb5b02c7adc2d0949e64c4d44c8f2a9.PNG

Hopefully I will be able to finish it soon, I never expected it to take this long!

It always strikes me as amazing when someone posts a map that looks quite large and complicated and then comments that they're surprised it took them so long to do or that they finished it in something like 10 hours (or some similarly "small" number).

Im not gonna lie, I feel the same way sometimes, especially when I look at the speedmaps of more experienced mappers, and it looks way better than any of my maps, and they say it only took like 1-2 hours or something like that. I get amazed at how high quality they are and in such a short period of time. I didn't make that map very fast its just that I invested a lot of time into working on it within a two week period. 

Everyone works at different speeds.  Even some of the best mappers out there map quite slowly.  Just look at Mordeth!

I'm working on a little something with Dragonfly, and in the time I have made a level with about 8 rooms, he's more or less finished two maps and is onto a third.  The crazy thing is we've probably put the same number of hours in.

Jumping on the map-speed train, I'm so weird about making maps. I'll very very quickly finish about half of a layout that I'm really satisfied with, then spend months making the 2nd half because I want the quality level to be the same. It's what's been happening with my "green" map. Most of it I finished in a night or two, and I still haven't had the courage to make the final section of it. :p

Just entering with my two cents: I'm probably a semi-speedmapper because if I don't get a reasonable structure done in the first session, there won't usually be a second mapping session on that particular map and I'll just throw it out.

However, I'm not above using any 'scraps' generated in later maps as separate sections. And I'll tweak slowly over the course of a few weeks until I'm actually happy with a 'finished' map.

@StevieCybernetik Right now there I have no clue to how long this will take, it's going to be 4 semi-large maps with a lot of attention to detail and interactivity. The good news is that I'm almost done with map02, which is the one you're seeing in those screenshots.

On 1/22/2018 at 11:20 PM, Velvetic said:

12.jpg.ca50b29ff0d7dcbaa2a681b3d001c486.jpg13.jpg.337b5ca051c70d2b4b1631028da6b3b2.jpg14.jpg.78364cd56367bc367364852fed83887b.jpg15.jpg.5b9047ef85cd507aec3c14f7f3b10f7e.jpg16.jpg.f6122b8473d0861f1549c10706e29f2d.jpg17.jpg.b58d4ec6b430a4dafef6f43bbba1999e.jpg18.jpg.88926bb3c2a743b9a81d1ee6b83bf956.jpg19.jpg.2e5dce924b24e6f9c0d475329827e038.jpg

Same map as before

Here's what it looks like in GZDoom Builder:

https://i.imgur.com/rbGqIln.jpg

huh. looks so much more advanced than doom. more like one of the quake engines at the first sight.

24 minutes ago, Eradrop said:

Some new screenshots, what do you think?

3.png

Don't know what to say about the sky here, I don't think it fits, unless the area itself is much darker than it currently is.

Well, the map is pretty dark honestly, and most of it inside temples.

But I accept your opinion.

Thanks Dragonfly, I really appreciate it :)